Daz Daz scene management

Souvenirs

Game Developer
May 23, 2023
Hi everyone !

I'm starting to dev a game using Daz.
I'm not an expert with Daz so I'm struggling with some points...
Like, if I want for a single scene to have let's say 2 different camera angle and multiple poses for my character.
So let's say we have cam 1 with 2 poses and then switch to cam 2 with 3 poses.
How can I manage to organize the thing so I can render everything in a single time ? And not render cam1/pose1 then do pose2 and render pose2 etc....
So I can do all renders when I'm not here and not waste time.

Is it possible to say to the render to switch cam ? Is it possible if I added a light to only have it on the render I want ?

I know for the poses I can add keys and render in timeline but I don't feel like it's working for lights or camera...

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
You need ManFriday's Render Queue (available at least via Daz store). You can't render animations unfortunately. You can render multiple camera angles though (Only visible camera's will be rendered).
So each pose would be a new save.
You can use the timeline though (it can be useful for dforce things). I don't know if it renders the frame last seen by the user or the last frame in the animation.

I render all my images overnight and it saves a ton of time.

Souvenirs

Game Developer
May 23, 2023
You need ManFriday's Render Queue (available at least via Daz store). You can't render animations unfortunately. You can render multiple camera angles though (Only visible camera's will be rendered).
So each pose would be a new save.
You can use the timeline though (it can be useful for dforce things). I don't know if it renders the frame last seen by the user or the last frame in the animation.

I render all my images overnight and it saves a ton of time.
Ok thank you ! I'll take a look.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Hi everyone !

I'm starting to dev a game using Daz.
I'm not an expert with Daz so I'm struggling with some points...
Like, if I want for a single scene to have let's say 2 different camera angle and multiple poses for my character.
So let's say we have cam 1 with 2 poses and then switch to cam 2 with 3 poses.
How can I manage to organize the thing so I can render everything in a single time ? And not render cam1/pose1 then do pose2 and render pose2 etc....
So I can do all renders when I'm not here and not waste time.

Is it possible to say to the render to switch cam ? Is it possible if I added a light to only have it on the render I want ?

I know for the poses I can add keys and render in timeline but I don't feel like it's working for lights or camera...
There's no doubt several ways to handle several cams etc. This is mine:

I save everything as separate files and name them in a numerical order. It's more save files than having 3 camera angles in one file, sure. But if you later notice something clips on camera 2 and you want to go back and fix it, you might mess up the other ones in the process, and now you got a save file for camera 1 and 3 that's not a match for the finished image anymore. Potential future headaches from such things.

The render problems disappear with a batchrenderer like manfridays anyway, and hard drive space is cheap.

Reactions: Souvenirs