Daz DAZ - Select a new Pose (preset) and use it without the character moving XYZ position.... (G8)

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Hi, Appologies if this has been covered before, but I cannot find yet what im after.

In Daz, if I have a scene and characters in it, and I want to use a pose thats available from the pane, if I select the pose, the character moves to a set location somewhere else I dont want them to move to. Im assuming there is a step or button or option, I can select before doing this, so that the pose installs/sets, without the character moving their XYZ position and just sets the characters body pose only.

Hope this makes sense?

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
In case someone else still needs common posing tips:

1. Some pose presets/products do not have partials. To only pose parts of a body, pick the starting node of the figure and CTRL+doubleclick the pose. Change the Node at the top to "Selected". To only use the lower-half of a pose, select the Pelvis node of the figure. If you want to use only the upper part, select Abdomen Lower.

2. In case you don't have a simple pose mirror script, you can access the symmetry menu with SHIFT+Y. This offers more options than a full-body script.