Daz Daz shoe messing up with only one character

Jul 30, 2020
I have a model, both g8.1 and im trying to apply a shoe to one character but when I put it on the character it keeps messing up the morphs(?). I try it on a different g8.1 character and it loads up fine, whats the issue? Both are preloaded straight from smart content and have not been messed with.

wtf.jpg

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
What exactly is the issue? I'm seeing some weird lumps in the shoe (which has more to do with the base mesh, and is likely only noticeable in Texture Shaded.), but not entirely uncommon. I'm also seeing two somewhat different skin tones. What are the shoes? Are they shells (unlikely.)? Do you have any other shells on the model, if so? It's hard to say without knowing what the issue you're looking at is.

Reactions: 327

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
It could be figure morphs like full character body morph that is messing with the footwear. There is a way to check what morphs are affecting the footwear, to see them you need to right click at "parameters"->"preferences"->"show hidden properties". You can from there which figure morphs are affecting the shoes and adjust them.

Reactions: 327

Jul 30, 2020
What exactly is the issue? I'm seeing some weird lumps in the shoe (which has more to do with the base mesh, and is likely only noticeable in Texture Shaded.), but not entirely uncommon. I'm also seeing two somewhat different skin tones. What are the shoes? Are they shells (unlikely.)? Do you have any other shells on the model, if so? It's hard to say without knowing what the issue you're looking at is.
Yeah the lumps are what I am talking about, the shoes are casual sports sneakers for g8f. I'm not sure what you mean by shells (new to daz apologies). And they are different textures because they are different characters because I'm trying to illustrate the issue which is that the shoe works fine on every figure/character besides this specific one, they are also both by mousso and unaltered so Im confused why one model would fuck up the shoes and the others dont, or if there is something I can do to fix it for this specific figure. And they are visible in iray preview, sure not super noticable but its just a problem id rather fix if i could. This seems to happen with every shoe also

wtf2.jpg

Jul 30, 2020
It could be figure morphs like full character body morph that is messing with the footwear. There is a way to check what morphs are affecting the footwear, to see them you need to right click at "parameters"->"preferences"->"show hidden properties". You can from there which figure morphs are affecting the shoes and adjust them.
Okay looks like for some reason hidden property of the body which is hidden like you said affected the shoes causing it to shrink wrap, I made it like ~30% and it more or less fixed the issue. Thank you so much I appreciate the help!

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
Okay looks like for some reason hidden property of the body which is hidden like you said affected the shoes causing it to shrink wrap, I made it like ~30% and it more or less fixed the issue. Thank you so much I appreciate the help!
You are welcome. You might want to lock the slider that was causing it on the footwear. That way you can ensure it doesn't revert back when you edit the figure itself.