Daz Shopping

Hidden Dreams

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2022
Hey everyone,

I recently started trying to develop my own game, and I am just curious how many people just enjoy looking through and shopping on Daz. I find I spend significantly more time browsing than developing. Their sales system has actually kind of gamified it for me. Pretty much every day I have to look to see if the assets I want have dropped below 70 percent off. To be clear, I don't fault their sales system. I love the shopping experience and probably have already spent way too much on a game that isn't ready to be released.

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Lol, man... don't play Daz's game.
I have a library with thousands of products, 95% of them bought at over 90% discount, but even so, my Daz total spending in 3 years is over 4000$ ( i know this as I calculate it each year for tax purposes ) ( Also, in 3 years, I have published 8 games, otherwise youb would not need such a large library ).
My advice, is don't buy stuff "because it's looking good" or because" that would be nice in my game idea", first define your story, and define what assets you really need ( environments for the inside, outside, a few decor props, characters, 2-3 sets of clothing for each (( remember you can change textures on clothing, so 1 set of bikinis becomes 2-3 )), etc ) and only after that, with that shopping list, add all the stuff in your wishlist.
Then, on sales times, just check the wishlist ( or each day for Daz+ for a day Sale ).