Daz Studio Backup/Sync Software

xide

Sep 10, 2019
I hope I posted in the correct section. I've started playing around with Daz Studio 4.11 on my laptop, and in the past few months i've built up quite a large amount of assets (100GB+) and configured settings just the way that I like them.

Since rendering on my laptop takes forever, I have decided to build up my desktop so I can have a larger screen and more power for my renderings. So my question is, is there a simple way for me to backup all these settings and assets and transfer them to the new build? Perhaps a *free* utility? I also use MS OneDrive, and it would be great if I could simply just sync these files everytime I add something new so both computers stay current. Is that possible?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
If you manually installed assets (you use the content library and not the smart one) I could be wrong but I don't think there is much to do outside copy paste the whole library folder. If you have installed plugins, do a backup of your plugin folder (and serial numbers) as well. Same for your layout and style (if you created custom action, menu & such). Some scripts by default can save files (like skins) outside you library folder too (Brow remover, Skin builder...)... That's all it comes to mind, maybe I forget something.

xide

Sep 10, 2019
I have a few plugins and I would say the majority of the assets were installed via DIM, it would be nice if DAZ had some sort of backup/transfer tool, I was hoping someone knew of one that I may have overlooked.

As for my idea to sync via Onedrive, i'm not sure it it will work unless the needed files are located in My Documents because I can't seem to sync any other directories such as program files, unless I overlooked that setting. I'm also pretty sure there are files located in AppData that have to be copied as well.

xide

Sep 10, 2019
I think I may have found a way to sync all of the files between both of my computers using One Drive. I just came across this video put out by Daz Studio showing how to map to a different drive, so in theory it should work with all of my content I have installed by just mapping the paths to be the same on both machines. Has anyone else done this?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
This should work as long as the paths match on both machines. Make sure that Daz is closed and that OneDrive is fully synced before you re-open Daz. OneDrive can get funny about syncing files while they are in use.