Daz studio confusion

mrg2018

Sep 2, 2018
Installed daz studio as I noticed there was a lot of assets on here for Daz (none for unity :( ) but messing about with it I noticed that the only female avatar is...well...not anatomically correct lol just a barbie girl model I guess. What am I missing?

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
A vagina/penis is added by the 'pro' models like Victoria 8 or Michael 8. For a vagina most people use Golden Palace though that can be gotten via The base penis is decent enough though some might want a little more realism.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
A vagina/penis is added by the 'pro' models like Victoria 8 or Michael 8. For a vagina most people use Golden Palace though that can be gotten via The base penis is decent enough though some might want a little more realism.
Ow god that's what that mean lmao.

mrg2018

Sep 2, 2018
I was using the free version of daz studio, after looking around the site I saw I should be using the "pro" version and saw a link to a place to ummm...borrow the pro version. Sadly something seems wrong with my install and no matter what I so the pro version only showed the starter assets I had already (genesis female 8.0 and 8.1 basic) a complete wipe of the app and a reinstall it now shows zero content in the content folders.... After an hour of messing about I gave up

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Daz itself does not have a pro version as such. The program itself is free (and has been for a long time). The pro I was referring to are assets/asset packs. For your issue I suspect you either downloaded a really old version of Daz that did have a pro version and is not compatible with modern assets or you placed your assets in the wrong folder.

mrg2018

Sep 2, 2018
Daz itself does not have a pro version as such. The program itself is free (and has been for a long time). The pro I was referring to are assets/asset packs. For your issue I suspect you either downloaded a really old version of Daz that did have a pro version and is not compatible with modern assets or you placed your assets in the wrong folder.
Ah, where do you get the pro assets?

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
legally daz3d.com/shop if you search for pro then you find several character packs that will all have the (appropriate) genitalia morphs. Buying is expensive unless you make use of gift cards (when on sale) and waiting for asset sales. I have bought packs from $130 for $13.

Reactions: .ox and mrg2018

mrg2018

Sep 2, 2018
legally daz3d.com/shop if you search for pro then you find several character packs that will all have the (appropriate) genitalia morphs. Buying is expensive unless you make use of gift cards (when on sale) and waiting for asset sales. I have bought packs from $130 for $13.
ah so an asset with pro in the title will change genesis female basic to the pro version with all that entails?
Will shelve the idea of messing about with Daz for when i am more flush with cash

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
A vagina, then you get married and get old and still miss them.
Really like you're sense of humour:ROFLMAO: :KEK:
Ah, where do you get the pro assets?
Just search here with pro bundle.

For penis asset
https://f95zone.to/threads/dicktator-for-genesis-8-male.7758/

For vagina asset
https://f95zone.to/threads/golden-palace-for-genesis-8-female-v2.31217/

Also if in any case I'm here sorting some stuff if it may useful to you
https://f95zone.to/threads/another-source-for-daz-assets.104056/#post-7332117

From your queries it seems like you're completely newbie with this stuff so I will suggest you to spend some time here and there, search things, watch some tutorials and so on.

Yup, you need to buy them, if you're gonna use it in commercial products. Also I'll suggest to first try them before you buy to check you'll actually use them. And for your personal projects it doesn't really matter :BootyTime: unless your selling them.:WeSmart:
bought packs from $130 for $13
That's some really great deal:D

Last edited:

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Yup, you need to buy them, if you're gonna use it in commercial products. Also I'll suggest to first try them before you buy to check you'll actually use them. And for your personal projects it doesn't really matter :BootyTime: unless your selling them.:WeSmart:

That's some really great deal:D
yup just one though (18 dollar at discount with 30% giftcard discount.) Most I got for 25 bucks plus giftcard discount. For individual items I won't pay more than 1,99 and even then costs add up quickly.

ah so an asset with pro in the title will change genesis female basic to the pro version with all that entails?
Will shelve the idea of messing about with Daz for when i am more flush with cash
Take some time to get familiar with Daz in the meantime. Daz has a few built in lessons in the bottom right corner. No use in throwing away money to discover you don't like the process of creating 3D art/games/etc.