Daz Studio export to Blender with animations, poses, environment

stradi

Oct 31, 2019
Hi, I'm using Daz Studio for creating 3D animation and poses etc.

In my computer, I have Amd graphics card, so Iray is using cpu for rendering and it's slow as hell.

I know how to use Blender, and for rendering, I am planning to use LuxRender (or ProRender) in Blender. I tried to export my characters from Daz Studio to Blender, but in every file format there was a error. Things I want to export is Characters, Poses, Animation and Scene.

In Collada (.dae) format, everything works as expected except initial pose and animations. It just imports the character with T-Pose, and animations are not working at all, everything just collapses and makes no sense at all.

In Wavefront (.obj) format, all objects, texturing etc. everything works also initial pose works but Wavefront format doesn't support animations.

For Fbx format, I'm using Better Fbx Importer for Blender. Animations, initial pose and texturing not works.

How can I export everything from Daz Studio with textures, animations, initial pose? Is there any special format or plugin for it? Or is there any 'free' Daz Studio plugin for rendering with amd graphics card? Or am I exporting with wrong settings, what is correct export settings?

Any help is appreciated.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I'm using Daz Studio for creating 3D animation
Sounds like suffering
unless you mean you are using the ready-made animations
I tried to export my characters from Daz Studio to Blender, but in every file format there was a error.
Don't use file conversion, just import daz scenes straight into blender, use the plug in,
Other than having some issues with setting the right shaders settings, it is the best daz improrter I have seen discussed in this community.

Reactions: stradi