Daz Studio position issue

Jun 29, 2018
I'm working for the first time with posing 2 characters interacting, specifically having sex, and I'm having some issues with posing I haven't been able to resolve yet. Specifically body parts passing through each other when they shouldn't be.

I'm trying to have the guys dick inside the girls pussy and I'm using Dicktator and Golden Palace for the genitals. By default the characters just pass through each other but even setting the female's Golden Palace to have the 'Collision Item' be the Dicktator they still just pass through each other.

I haven't been able to see how to get the 2 characters to have that "nice tight fit" if you know what I mean. :p If anybody any advice or a direction to look further into I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
You should be able to solve the issue using the parameter, posing, and shaping tabs. I don't use Dicktator, but it should have bones you can individually select to twist and bend.

Reactions: DreamLab Studio
Jun 29, 2018
Thanks for the reply. So, there's no way to prevent the models geometry from passing through each other, it's just a matter of positioning the figures around each other in the best way possible?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I used this image as I wasn't sure how explicit a photo I could use. ;)

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound too dumb but I guess I just assumed there would be some setting such as the Collision Item option that would let you post the geometry next to each other without clipping through.

I've found a great amount of Daz Studio info online but unfortunately there's not really much I've found for the adult side of things. Thanks again!

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
There might be, but I have no idea how to do that. I would recommend getting the new gens for v8 over the golden palace, it has more movement options and morph dials. It usually takes some positioning to get those good shots, but the results are worth the effort. But add an image to the daz3d art thread, maybe another artist will know exactly how to solve the issue.

Jun 29, 2018
I decided to use the genesis 3 figures as I have much more content for them and thought the idea of trying to convert assets to work with G8 would create a number of headaches I could do without.

I'm using pre-made pose packages designed for 2 figures (such as missionary position) so I'm surprised there's not a way to apply the pose to both figures so they are together (connected). I'm going to play with posing some more today and see how it goes. I now have even more respect for the 3D guys who make games!

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I decided to use the genesis 3 figures as I have much more content for them and thought the idea of trying to convert assets to work with G8 would create a number of headaches I could do without.

I'm using pre-made pose packages designed for 2 figures (such as missionary position) so I'm surprised there's not a way to apply the pose to both figures so they are together (connected). I'm going to play with posing some more today and see how it goes. I now have even more respect for the 3D guys who make games!
Hi Mr_Batsu,

NGFV8 works well with G3 figures too.

I think normally these "2 figures" poses only puts characters in pose but not the genitalia, you need to adjust them. You can find some poses that have genitalia poses presets but not works with all kinds of genitalia, some works with default genesis genitalia, some with golden palace or dicktator, etc.

BTW, if you use dicktator, go for v3 version, it's much better!

Reactions: DreamLab Studio
Jun 29, 2018
BTW, if you use dicktator, go for v3 version, it's much better!
Thankfully I am using v3 of Dicktator and overall I'm pretty happy with it. I had some trouble at first getting the skin textures to match the way I wanted them to but I'm still pretty new to Daz Studio so dealing with all the Surfaces tab was a learning experience.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Thankfully I am using v3 of Dicktator and overall I'm pretty happy with it. I had some trouble at first getting the skin textures to match the way I wanted them to but I'm still pretty new to Daz Studio so dealing with all the Surfaces tab was a learning experience.
Yes, I know those texture problems :oops::pensive:
But luckily in v3 there are more options. I started the creation of my main character with v1 and I have to try to go to v3, since I find that sometimes according to the lighting the texture difference with the rest of the body is noticed and I have to adapt it :coldsweat:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I'm gonna ask the stupid questions here. If you are already doing this, ignore this post...

Are you using the Vagina open/Vagina extremely open/vagina close (dial opposite way) to get that appearance of a 'nice snug fit' around the dictator when using NGV3/8?

As for Golden Palace vs. Dictator, yeah I've done this (opening Daz at the moment)... the same general principle applies (quickly plays with posing parameters, takes a screenshot).
Dictator_vs_GoldenPalace.jpg
Note that adjusted Vagina parameters for the Golden Palace. This still isn't perfect, but it's close enough that I'd use a thin photoshop brush to 'enhance' the upper left vagina lip shadow (in postwork), to make the 'edge' of the vagina hole stand out a bit better.

Again, if you are already using the subdials under Golden Palace or NGV7, ignore this post. Sometimes it takes a while to get things looking 'close enough' for post work if needed.

Sometimes (in case you aren't already doing this), you need to widen the parameters beyond 100% (I do this all the time to extend the length of the default Daz gens).

Another thing you can do is use a D-Former to fine tune the fit, but that can be a lot of extra work... it all comes down to how much time you want to invest into a single render.

Jun 29, 2018
Thanks for all the great advice everyone, I think I have this working now! :eazyHype: It looks like the "biggest" issue I was having was getting carried away with Dicktator and giving the guys massive schlongs! haha I was a bit too heavy handed with the sliders to make him thick.

I just did a quick test and reduced him to a more realistic size and everything's working out much easier now. I'm also getting a better handle on the pose presets for Dicktator and the Golden Palace. Even after a few minutes adjusting I was able to get something that worked so much better than I started with before:

NormalSized.png

The only downside is I have to spend another evening adjusting dicks in Daz once again. XD

This still isn't perfect, but it's close enough that I'd use a thin photoshop brush to 'enhance' the upper left vagina lip shadow (in postwork), to make the 'edge' of the vagina hole stand out a bit better.
Great tip, I forgot about being able to adjust the final image in Photoshop. I guess my photography background wants me to get it right "in camera" (aka render).

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I haven't used D-former enough to suggest it, but you can always try a smooth modifier. Applying in one figure to avoid collision with the other one. "Edit"->"Object"->"Geometry"->"Apply Smooth Modifier"