Daz Studio UI customization

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I've searched google high and low and came up empty - so if anyone here can contribute it'd be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to change the default rollout which is selected when changing between categories? So much time is spent toggling between transforms and pose controls, then expanding and collapsing those sub menus.

daz.jpg

In other words, the default behavior seems to be if you're in the parameters category, and switch to say posing, itll default to transforms, and vice versa. I'd like a way to either change that default or map hotkeys to the ui customization so I don't have to spend so much time laboriously clicking little menus. I did not see any related options in the F3 ui customization.

This is a common theme and complaint across daz; hopefully I'm just too new to understand existing features that remedy these things.

But compared to say 3DS max, where you can customize almost any menu or behavior or hotkey in the entire program, this feels like using some typical HR software where they love mouse clicks and contextual menus instead of hard hotkeys and shortcuts.

Additionally, if anyone has any other unrelated Daz studio UI hotkey/shortcut/menu navigation related tips and tricks they figured out through experience I'd love to hear them.