Unity Daz Studio-Unity exporting model with multiple clothes

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
Hi I'm newbie on Daz I just wonder how can I export with multiple clothes ? I just tried putting clothes over and over I thought I can handle with code. I just realize every clothing came up with new "hip" thing. Am I doing this right or there is a better way to handle this ? And secondly while in the daz for example a clothing name is Black V t-shirt but after the export, it changes. is there a way to rename it (before export) ?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
What file format are you exporting through?
It all works fine for me, but I only port to blender (and then into unity as a .blend file since blender's .fbx out sucks) I know with blender you have to port as a binary tybe fbx, and I also tend to use 2011 version as the most stable, but that's blender and blender's never had the best fbx importer-exporter. I don't know what other format you would use if you want to port straight ot unity other than fbx

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
What file format are you exporting through?
It all works fine for me, but I only port to blender (and then into unity as a .blend file since blender's .fbx out sucks) I know with blender you have to port as a binary tybe fbx, and I also tend to use 2011 version as the most stable, but that's blender and blender's never had the best fbx importer-exporter. I don't know what other format you would use if you want to port straight ot unity other than fbx
.fbx I don't understand why you spoke about blender I didn't say anything about the blender

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
some times it is more stable to load an .fbx into blender, and then save the blender file into unity, at least for me that is what works best.

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
some times it is more stable to load an .fbx into blender, and then save the blender file into unity, at least for me that is what works best.
ddd.jpg
Did you understand my problem ? I think not mate. I'm asking this (a new hip thing comes with every clothes is it normal for unity or making optimization more worse) and most importantly in the unity this model comes as it looks in the image I can handle with code (change his clothes dress or undress. Basically by code get object and disable it but if I can do this there will be more and more coding stuff I don't think this is efficient way) or is there a way can handle it better (like a management system given by unity or daz)

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Strange
I know if you load into blender using diffeomorphic daz to blender plug in, the daz model also has a skeleton for each item (some items only have partial skeletons, such as ommiting the face or arms, etc), but with .fbx it automatically compresses the model to use a single (some times 2) skeleton. at least for me it solves the issue.

You're saying, when you port to fbx and load into unity, you are getting all the duplicate skeletons? you could just combine all the meshes to the one skeleton, but that would be a preprocessing step (by hand) if you can't get daz to output it in as few skeletons as possible, what are your export settings?

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
Strange
I know if you load into blender using diffeomorphic daz to blender plug in, the daz model also has a skeleton for each item (some items only have partial skeletons, such as ommiting the face or arms, etc), but with .fbx it automatically compresses the model to use a single (some times 2) skeleton. at least for me it solves the issue.

You're saying, when you port to fbx and load into unity, you are getting all the duplicate skeletons? you could just combine all the meshes to the one skeleton, but that would be a preprocessing step (by hand) if you can't get daz to output it in as few skeletons as possible, what are your export settings?
Not much touched anything (watched some tutorials) Yes I'm getting all hips but unity seeing as gameobjects not much attached on How can I combine them (Just delete all clothing hips ?) (Just a reminder I'm a programmer not a 3d artist or something I'm not familiar these terms. could you answer more simpler or a tutorial more helpful)

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Put a checkmark in
output options (right side)
..................[ ] Merch clothing into figure Skeleton
that should fix the issue.