Daz to set up the scene, Blender to render

tomcire

Jun 12, 2018
Ok, rendering it is not one skill of mine, but I tried a bit in the past, I event tried to modelling (can't find my renders, I would have posted them, well, you don't miss anything) here my two cents:

Daz is really slow, if not bad, to render because it use the CPU (unless they changed something). Blender uses GPU, therefore it is something like 4-10x times faster.
You can easily export (sorry, I don't remember how) the scene from Daz and import it to Blender, then you render in blender and... try it, you will thank me (maybe).

Here a tutorial if found on youtube:

tanrgith

Mar 16, 2020
I'm new at using these types of programs, only have short experience with daz. But I'm fairly sure you can render using the gpu in daz. There's literally an option to choose whether to use cpu + gpu, only cpu, and only gpu.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I'm new at using these types of programs, only have short experience with daz. But I'm fairly sure you can render using the gpu in daz. There's literally an option to choose whether to use cpu + gpu, only cpu, and only gpu.
Daz render engine Iray only works with Nvidia cards. If you got an AMD card you are out of luck

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Agreed. The default render engine in Daz is Nvidia Iray, but if changed to other options you increase compatibility with AMD cards. I'd recommend trying the render engines in Daz & comparing your workflow. It may give you similar results with less time spent exporting, but if you prefer the tools of Blender....

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Agreed. The default render engine in Daz is Nvidia Iray, but if changed to other options you increase compatibility with AMD cards. I'd recommend trying the render engines in Daz & comparing your workflow. It may give you similar results with less time spent exporting, but if you prefer the tools of Blender....
Most rendering software is actually focused towards nVidia. AMD doesn't really do anything in the form of developing 3D technologies, while nVidia does little else.

In short: if you want to do graphics intensive stuff like rendering/ray tracing, you're ALWAYS better off with nVidia (and typically on Intel, since most software is optimized for Intel).

Remember that a GPU is a completely different processor and the graphics RAM is much faster than standard PC RAM.

Lumbersexualist

Aug 12, 2019
Does anyone have experience with AMD's ProRender? I was considering doing the same thing as in setting up the scene + characters in Daz3D and then importing it into Blender by using ProRender. I have an AMD card so Iray is not really an option for me.