daz translate tool

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Ive always called it a gizmo, but whatever it goes by, in 3ds max and in blender you can simply move it to wherever you want, does anyone how do you do it in daz (pls) so I can have it on the character.
Everything I have found on google is old or not what I am after.

EDIT - Worked out a work around unless someone knows an easier way. I made a new null and put it in the middle of the character and parented the character to the null. Now I just click on the null.
argg.PNG

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Ive always called it a gizmo, but whatever it goes by, in 3ds max and in blender you can simply move it to wherever you want, does anyone how do you do it in daz (pls) so I can have it on the character.
Everything I have found on google is old or not what I am after.

EDIT - Worked out a work around unless someone knows an easier way. I made a new null and put it in the middle of the character and parented the character to the null. Now I just click on the null.
View attachment 140346
Yes, I found this problem in some poses and it's annoying to move or rotate characters... but I use workaround similar to yours, I create a new group with character. Other possibility is use parameters to move character, when you get used to it, it's pretty fast.

Reactions: mickydoo