Daz, Unity, and the Importance of Hexagon

rogue_69

Nov 9, 2021
I've been using Daz characters in Unity for quite awhile, and I've picked up a few tricks along the way that make things just work better. For the longest time though, I was consistently having the same problems. Female Genitals not working, clothing not moving properly with animations, most clothing not having morphs for stripping, showing tits, etc. I finally after many months decided to learn some basics in Hexagon (free with Daz Studio), and boy I wish I would have jumped on that train earlier. (Note, I'll explain the basics of what I do in Hexagon, there are tutorials out there showing you how to use the software. If you can use Daz and Unity, Hexagon shouldn't be too much of a problem).

Genitals Issues
In Unity, I would consistently have the problem where the G8F's torso would show under the Genitals torso when you open the vagina lips. So, basically she would have a vagina inside her vagina. With Hexagon, you can fix this. In Daz, (first make sure the Genitals are fitted to G8F, but attach them to her pelvis, you'll get a better fit) morph the vagina to be open, having her lips touch her thighs. Send her to Hexagon. Once there, you notice that the G8F vagina is showing inside the Genitals vagina. Select the G8F and start pulling her vagina vertices up, and out until you only see the Genitals Vagina Interior (should be nice and pink) . When you send back to Daz, and use the morph you just created on the G8F, you'll notice that her crotch is severely disfigured. No problem, it won't be that way in Unity. Make sure you switch to Geometry editor mode, then export to Unity. Use the new morph you created on G8F, and it will pull her crotch upwards and out of the way. This won't effect the morph on the Genitals. Now, when you open her Genital's vagina lips, everything should work just fine.
Spend about five hours learning the basics of Hexagon, and this will all be easy.

Clothing
You can easily make clothing morphs in Hexagon and bring them back into Daz. Want to be able to pull her top down? Make a morph that brings her top to below her breasts. Also make a morph that pulls her top out so that it stretches past her nipples. When you use these morphs together in Daz, you can pull the top down and out to clear her breasts (avoiding clipping), then down and in. You can also make clothing morphs that sway back and forth, and to the side. This will make it easier to make adjustments to animations in Unity, and add natural looking movement to the clothing.

Anyway, if you are using Daz characters in Unity, and want things to just look better, add Hexagon to your workflow.

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
Awesome info! Though I will be using DAZ for models in Unreal mainly for modding LifePlay. I'm checking if I'm able to made models from my photos