Daz update to 4.20.0.2 - Ghost lighting

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Just a heads-up, looking at the update notes the changes mean that the intensity of lights for emissive surfaces is now affected by opacity. This will mean that ghost lights the way they are traditionally done will no longer work.

Iray release thread:
Daz release thread:

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Just a heads-up, looking at the update notes the changes mean that the intensity of lights for emissive surfaces is now affected by opacity. This will mean that ghost lights the way they are traditionally done will no longer work.

Iray release thread:
Daz release thread:
There's already a discussion about this going on in the dev forums. They will still work, but you have to crank them to very high numbers and none of the Vendor Ghost lights work because they won't have those numbers assigned. But, I make my own, so I don't have to worry about that. Saying all that, I'm staying put on 4.16 until they have an iron clad solution. I'm not going back and redoing all the scene I reuse constantly in my game.

Maybe one day when I start a new project I'll update, but I don't see a reason to when I lose a lot of functionality for some smoke and fire effects.

Reactions: weirdscix

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Yep, I downgraded again as like you said, there are no significant improvements worth taking the hit on already setup scenes.