[DAZ] Why doesn't Daz Studio use the GPU even thought it is selected?

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Hey,
I am quite new to the world of rendering in Daz Studio and now I got the problem, that it doesn't use my GPU even thought it is selected.
Any idea what kind of setting I have to change or what problem I have?

Thanks in advance :)

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
I'm by no means an expert on these things, I've only dabbled a little with Daz. I seem to remember reading somewhere that this can happen if Daz runs out of memory on your graphics card. It then switches the rendering to run on the CPU instead. Try rendering with less objects/figures in the scene.

Also, don't trust the Windows task manager when it comes to GPU workload, it sucks at that. Try

Reactions: GhostPhil

lcp

May 1, 2017
Hey,
doesn't use my GPU even thought it is selected.
Most likely because your scene is too big to get loaded into video memory of your card. U can monitor that usage with MSI Afterburner or something else. Some hair and some clothes use tons of vram.
(If you work near the edge of your availabel ram, you can trick the system a bit by closing the viewport before starting the render. Having the scene prerendered a bit, in iray mode, in your aux-viewport does speed up the render though.. Another thing worth a try is "render to file" instead of render in a new window.)

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I'm by no means an expert on these things, I've only dabbled a little with Daz. I seem to remember reading somewhere that this can happen if Daz runs out of memory on your graphics card. It then switches the rendering to run on the CPU instead. Try rendering with less objects/figures in the scene.

Also, don't trust the Windows task manager when it comes to GPU workload, it sucks at that. Try
Most likely because your scene is too big to get loaded into video memory of your card. U can monitor that usage with MSI Afterburner or something else. Some hair and some clothes use tons of vram.
(If you work near the edge of your availabel ram, you can trick the system a bit by closing the viewport before starting the render. Having the scene prerendered a bit, in iray mode, in your aux-viewport does speed up the render though.. Another thing worth a try is "render to file" instead of render in a new window.)
I will check with one of those programs the usage of the GPU, thanks :)

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
If your problem is that the scene exceeds the memory of your graphics card, I also recommend that you try to render the scene without any other program running, and have the DAZ with the minimum view (wire bounding box), so you will save some memory. And open the DAZ from scratch if you've been working on the scene, sometimes doing previews with Iray then the memory remains occupied.