DAZ workflow, any tips/tricks for using the animation timeline?

SpecialXSauce

Jun 6, 2018
Hello,

I've been struggling to find an easier or quicker way to do this. Short of manually going in and clicking "create key" frame by frame - is there an easy way to stop frames from interacting with each other? Most of my scenes are static and not fluid animations.

I do this to avoid creating smooth transitions when you have a character in a scene, where you have the camera snapping to different angles, changing focal length, reposing the characters etc.

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
You'll have to define what you mean by 'interacting with each other', but if you mean ensure that all shapes and poses are keyed at a certain point in your timeline - you can use the memorize and restore function. Typically if I am doing a loop, for example, I make my first frame, select all figures and children of thos figures. Memorize all, restore all (this creates keyframes for everything) then go to the end of my loop and repeat the restore. Then any changes I make mid loop will animate back to the original restore point.

SpecialXSauce

Jun 6, 2018
You'll have to define what you mean by 'interacting with each other', but if you mean ensure that all shapes and poses are keyed at a certain point in your timeline - you can use the memorize and restore function. Typically if I am doing a loop, for example, I make my first frame, select all figures and children of thos figures. Memorize all, restore all (this creates keyframes for everything) then go to the end of my loop and repeat the restore. Then any changes I make mid loop will animate back to the original restore point.
I'm looking for a good way to prevent the changes from the current frame from affecting earlier frames. Is there a way to create multiple keyframes at a time? clicking create key frame-by-frame is a very long process with larger scenes

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
No, you'll have to set the keys frame by frame. Or at least I don't know a way to set keys in bulk.