Daz3d and free stuff

Cohibozz

Aug 14, 2018
Can I use stuffs from site as 3d-load on my game?

I found some of this stuff on daz3d market to buy but in other site ( and in this forum) I can find it for free.

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
You can use the stuff, but it would be illegal. The artist who made the stuff could sue or request your game be removed from wherever you're selling it from. If you want to release your game publicly and make money from it, it's best to buy the stuff from official sources.

Reactions: GNVE and Papa Ernie

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
free sapling tree generator for blender or flora3d is cheap and decent

there is also plantstudio, which is old but works well, just remember to take the registration info from the download page for the full version

terragen for some free terrains and skyboxes, you will have to find tutorials for skyboxes to work in other rendering programs

just export everything as .OBJ

there is also orbolt rock generator

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
There's a bunch of free stuff on , but be careful as some of it is not free for commercial use.

There are some great free things at (Mainly Poser focused, but Daz compatible) and (Check each product for Daz compatibility) as well.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
If someone made a game for free would it still get in trouble if they used everything from here ? Or does the issue only come if you plan on making money from "stolen/borrowed" assets ?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Everything in this thread has been evaluated and recommended based on the fact that the resources here are ok for use in commercial games. So no, you would not have a problem if you were to use assets from here, especially those in the original post (page 1 of this thread).

Last edited: