3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
another attempt to render at speed
View attachment 221472
30 min(only the texture about 6 GB)what can you say about it?bad?good?Any tips and wishes?
Looks great. I'm guessing the people are around 1 gig each and the rest is environment. Any bigger and I'd say to try and use scene optimizer to cut the texture sizes in half.

How many light bounces are happening? In render settings the default Ray path is -1 which is overkill I think, I usually set mine to 9. Helps a bit. Also, with a scene like this I imagine most of the light is from actual lights and not a dome. If so, change the render to scene only and not scene and dome, hide the ceiling since you can't see it which really helps because the light doesn't have to bounce as much. Might really help with speed... unless you already did all that

Part

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
the work is superb - the women not really:giggle:
Ohh really ? You don't like her ? I like my model, she is just cute I think. Could you tell me what's sound bad in my model ?

Here are posts of this model.

Thanks for the comment. I didn't find nice shoes for the scene ;)

I love her skin (it's "Nova HD" skin, and a home made character). I've done a light tan line.

View attachment 215254

Same scene exactly, but different camera and scene angle from this post behind. Hope you will enjoy it.
Last 2 renders of the same scene (quotes).
View attachment 216065

View attachment 216066

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
unless you already did all that
:)I have already optimized all this...
the characters themselves are very "heavy":confused:of course, I can also reduce them, but it will be difficult to use it for a series of pictures from different angles and distances.I'll probably try to make texture presets of models with different resolutions for different situations or save a scene with different scene optimizer parameters(if my hard drive doesn't burst from it)

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
@lexx228 The key thing with Scene Optimizer is to make sure the textures stay just above whatever resolution you are rendering at. If at 1080 then textures should be no smaller then 2k. With smooth scale option. 2k textures are good for 1080. Unless it's a real closeup then 4k is better. Of course the higher the resolution the higher the texture resolution should be. Staying at least one step above usually is good.

Reactions: lexx228 and Enyos

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Been a little while since I've had something worth posting, still trying to figure out a good workflow.

Bound_Post.png
Edit: holy shit, just opened this on my other screen and there is zero skin detail and everything is washed out... now I'm concerened I'm working on things other people can't see :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes