3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
You'll get a lot of use out of the surface tab. A good way to see what things do is set a simple scene to iray preview and then just start changing values and seeing what effect they have. There's so many things that most people can spend months and not know exactly what every little thing does.
Yeah I guess I just wish it would be a bit easier :LOL: But like with everything practice creates masters ;)

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
@GhostPhil You could also run a test with default surface but just turn on Caustic Sampler. Caustic Sampler is basically what you are looking for. Note that Renders with Caustic Sampler takes more time to be done.

Render Settings > Optimization > Caustic Sampler (On)

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
@GhostPhil You could also run a test with default surface but just turn on Caustic Sampler. Caustic Sampler is basically what you are looking for. Note that Renders with Caustic Sampler takes more time to be done.

Render Settings > Optimization > Caustic Sampler (On)
What does the Caustic Sampler do? And thanks :)

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
As I've said it will boost the render time but it will give the shiny objects a proper reflection.
Well the rendertime doesn't matter that much at the moment, because I don't render anything more then 30 minutes as I am only testing stuff out. So yeah I will try it out ;)

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
i guess the workout has started to show its effects ;) slim1.png
hips not as wide and ass is smaller..still thick but not super thick on the right girl.

compared to before ;)..
wide6.png

wide7.png

two last renderers are only with ghost lights
you can clearly see that the light is reduced and has less specular highlight.
i would call ghost lights soft lights..thats what they are
but for most punch and contrast in the images you need to get rid of them or only use ghost lights as a boost to other lights. (as from the first renderer)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
This is a scene I'm working on, you can clearly see that its not finished yet and I will mostly likely still work on it for hours, but I wanted to show it as a proof of concept for all the lazy bums out there who don't optimise their scenes and complain about render times...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are a lot of props and figures in the scene, 9 figures + trees, bushes, the building, the windows, the fence, etc. and the grass is not just a plain, you can see that on the walkway. It took only a bit over 10 minutes to render on a gtx 1070.
As I said, it's not finished and will look a lot better when it's done, but still, if I didn't optimize the scene, rendering would have taken (many) hours. So it's really worth it to take the time and optimize your scenes, especially if you don't have the best hardware :)

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
You should do an action 3DCG game! Your renders would fit it perfectly! I really love your style, it has something really strong to it :)

This is a scene I'm working on, you can clearly see that its not finished yet and I will mostly likely still work on it for hours, but I wanted to show it as a proof of concept for all the lazy bums out there who don't optimise their scenes and complain about render times...
There are a lot of props and figures in the scene, 9 figures + trees, bushes, the building, the windows, the fence, etc. and the grass is not just a plain, you can see that on the walkway. It took only a bit over 10 minutes to render on a gtx 1070.
As I said, it's not finished and will look a lot better when it's done, but still, if I didn't optimize the scene, rendering would have taken (many) hours. So it's really worth it to take the time and optimize your scenes, especially if you don't have the best hardware :)
Wow! When I think about the fact that some small nipples would've taken a lot lot more time then this :D

OldMoonSong

Jun 2, 2018
Scene optimizer changed my life, lmao. Well, it changed my rendering!

Before I found out about it, my GPU failed to hold scenes I thought it would be perfectly capable of, but, surprise, memory explodes.

Scene optimizer is a must-have. It increases both render speed and scene capacity.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Scene optimizer changed my life, lmao. Well, it changed my rendering!

Before I found out about it, my GPU failed to hold scenes I thought it would be perfectly capable of, but, surprise, memory explodes.

Scene optimizer is a must-have. It increases both render speed and scene capacity.
Yeah, scene optimizer is highly recommended, but this time I did all the optimizing myself. I wanted to see the result of every change. I removed the textures from all figures and clothing but the 3 closest to the camera. 3 of the chars further away are completely naked I just changed the skin color to make it look like they are wearing something. I changed every texture on the building and the windows and a lot of other stuff. It works well and is barely visible.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes