3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
View attachment 263696 Just playing with emissives.
Really like the emissive streaks you placed in the hair. I see that you are using the Zelara skin, which works well, however the fingernails / toenails are less successful. If you want to improve the emissive artistic effect you need to have a prop close to the emissive source or alternatively use a scattering box to light something else up. Good to see you are trying something new. (y)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Same scene done in Biased render of Thea Render 1.5. This took almost 3 times the time (4 hrs +) in Thea, while Iray took 1.5hr + (when only quality of image was improved. May be if caustic and other options were added the time might have been 2.5 hrs min. Both images rendered at 3840x3076 res

Which one you find better? I would be open to feedback so that I can use the render that looks better. Also other options with links to download would be welcome.

View attachment 263698
The iray one definetely looks better. The skin and eyes especially.

Reactions: GhostPhil

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
The skin is made with Skin Builder, but the make-up is from the character preset.
So can I delete the make-up without it resetting the character skin on the face to default?
View attachment 263762
That depends. If it's a LIE preset, than you can delete the overlays and the makeup is gone. Look at the face texture in the surface tab ;)

skalkurin

Nov 24, 2018
Decided to redo the render I posted yesterday..
Very minor tweak to spread the hair a bit more over her left shoulder, and I added a second light behind her to pick up some depth on that side too..
I also chose to make a version with front-lighting as well.

Let me know what you think? Any preference?

View attachment 262903 View attachment 262904
I like the one without the front light better.
Think the front light is to strong, maybe a reflective/emissiv surface outside the frame would look better, so you get some very mild fill.

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
I made a wood floor and a door. It's not much but my skills are basic so I'm proud lol. I can share my assets if anyone want them. The floor is made of single planks that I placed individually lol. there are 14 different planks sharing a 4k texture. This prevents repeating patterns entirely. The door can also open and close, and the handle can rotate on its axis.

floor and door.jpg

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
The 2 heroine renders I recently posted are the only ones I have put through some sort of post editing, so I never thought of doing what you had mentioned. I did like how they turned out, so I will give a shot at what you suggested for my next night scene, thank you.

I tried to keep the original lighting for the scene only to see how it would turn out, in hindsight I probably could have added something to highlight her face a little, thank you.

Thank you, the main outfit is -

And the jacket is from -

Could not find them here, but I may have missed them.
thanks alot

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Tell me if they kill your hardware :p
This one took some time to setup. After about 14 mins it was about 90% and i stopped it. I really like the model. Only the nipples failed horribly. I followed the exact instructions but this was the result (no post work except logo):
M after 14Mins at 90Percent.jpg
Not really sure what went wrong. The head is from BJ Miriam with a bit of a mix with Boom chica head to make it a little bit fuller. The body is 100% Z Plus Model shape.
The skin i used is the skin from Miriam that has no translucency settings like others but it is my guess its related to that.

Since i love this model and pose so much either i manage to fix it or i will remove the nipples and use the default ones and create a proper render.

Anyone with some insight is more then welcome to send me a PM.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
This one took some time to setup. After about 14 mins it was about 90% and i stopped it. I really like the model. Only the nipples failed horribly. I followed the exact instructions but this was the result (no post work except logo):
View attachment 263984
Not really sure what went wrong. The head is from BJ Miriam with a bit of a mix with Boom chica head to make it a little bit fuller. The body is 100% Z Plus Model shape.
The skin i used is the skin from Miriam that has no translucency settings like others but it is my guess its related to that.

Since i love this model and pose so much either i manage to fix it or i will remove the nipples and use the default ones and create a proper render.

Anyone with some insight is more then welcome to send me a PM.
Found the issue. I had 2 sets active (i recall using a different areola size that i didn't like) after removing one the issue was fixed. Its still not a 100% but 99.9% so i will take that. I will finish setting it up and render it while im of to bed at a much higher setting.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes