3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
I tried doing some zbrush head morphs, but I fucked up the inner parts like the mouth, tongue, teeth and eyes. You guys know how to protect those parts or easily modify them?

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
My first render, 30 minutes and still alot of noise and lighting is meh. Also no idea how to fix the clothes/hair clipping. Anyone got tips/pointers? :rolleyes:

Using + Iray Interior Camera
View attachment 263424
The main method for dealing with clipping is to use the built in morphs on objects, these are on the right hand side under the parameters tab.
For clothing there is also , if nothing else works you could also apply a dForce modifier to the clothing which turns them into physics objects, takes a bit of tweaking.
If the hair doesn't have morphs you can use you could also create your own by exporting it to your modelling software of choice and creating a morph of your own but that's a bit beyond me (especially with hair).

There is also the possibility of using dForce on hair but I've never managed it successfully even using presets.

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
Testing some HDRi soft lights
And i made a comparision of the default rendering settings for Daz 4.11 beta and mine.

This first renderer at 1782x2160 (open in a new tab) is with my rendering settings that i normally use
Iterations: 13000
13K_2.png

And this one is with Daz 3D 4.11 Beta default rendering settings
Iterations: 1274
1274.png

fancy time consuming rendering settings are only worth it is you use higher resolutions.
if you just render in 1080P then you will mostly not see any difference with higher quality rendering settings.
lots of time saved there.
its a huge difference in rendering times here also
about 15min for the last and slight over 1 Hour for the first (RTX 2080)

yes the first render is cleaner and sharper with more details but you need these resolutions to see it.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Finished with the scene I was showing last time. It didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but it's okay enough I guess.
Two of the render I made:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks good. Few notes I see. In the first pic, I'd have changed the angle slightly. We can't see the second girl basically anyway so why even render her. She doesn't really add much to the shot so maybe change the angle slightly and then you can cut her out and save rendering time.

I like the 2nd image better except for that back door, it's super reflective and glossy. Doesn't look like a real door.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Looks good. Few notes I see. In the first pic, I'd have changed the angle slightly. We can't see the second girl basically anyway so why even render her. She doesn't really add much to the shot so maybe change the angle slightly and then you can cut her out and save rendering time.

I like the 2nd image better except for that back door, it's super reflective and glossy. Doesn't look like a real door.
I was thinking about removing her on this shot, but it's a ingame scene and I want the player to see her partially to know there is someone else there.
Yeah I forgot to change the architectual shader and noticed the door too late, I will change that^^
Thanks for your feedback :)

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
I was thinking about removing her on this shot, but it's a ingame scene and I want the player to see her partially to know there is someone else there.
Yeah I forgot to change the architectual shader and noticed the door too late, I will change that^^
Thanks for your feedback :)
I'd maybe shift slightly so maybe you can see like half or her face or something. Just because right now she could be anyone and doesn't seem important.

And yeah, I render things all the time and then see something I missed. Super easy though to change, just keep everything the same and do a spot render of that bit and just put it over the original image in photoshop or something like that. That's the way people do all those shots where the body stays the same but the face/expressions change.

Keep it up. Doing scenes with multiple characters and bg actors is tough.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'd maybe shift slightly so maybe you can see like half or her face or something. Just because right now she could be anyone and doesn't seem important.

And yeah, I render things all the time and then see something I missed. Super easy though to change, just keep everything the same and do a spot render of that bit and just put it over the original image in photoshop or something like that. That's the way people do all those shots where the body stays the same but the face/expressions change.

Keep it up. Doing scenes with multiple characters and bg actors is tough.
At this point in the game you'll know who is hiding there just by seeing the shirt^^
Yeah I use the spot render a lot too, it's a lifesaver sometimes xD
It's actually the first time I made such a big crowded scene, but it's all a matter of proper optimizing. The first one took 20 minutes to render and the sceond one 15 minutes and I didn't even care to delete the stuff thats not visible.

Reactions: MovieMike

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Found the issue. I had 2 sets active (i recall using a different areola size that i didn't like) after removing one the issue was fixed. Its still not a 100% but 99.9% so i will take that. I will finish setting it up and render it while im of to bed at a much higher setting.
This was the result when i got up this morning:
Screenshot_1.jpg

Guess i have to tome down the settings a bit :unsure:

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
View attachment 264195

Try set all assets to un-visible, start rendering and see if it start racking up iterations, if it start racking up iterations, make all assets visible again (without restarting the Daz Studio) and try render again... I've had a similar issue

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
View attachment 264195

That's exactly the same problem I had with the damn HD nips. So no clue how to fix this! Appearently they have an extremly high resolutions, something you would only need for a close up scene. So yeah I am not sure, if it is possible to even render them :D

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Try set all assets to un-visible, start rendering and see if it start racking up iterations, if it start racking up iterations, make all assets visible again (without restarting the Daz Studio) and try render again... I've had a similar issue
That's exactly the same problem I had with the damn HD nips. So no clue how to fix this! Appearently they have an extremly high resolutions, something you would only need for a close up scene. So yeah I am not sure, if it is possible to even render them :D

My scene only had a backdrop and some lighting. The model had hair, a panty and shoes (both from angel essence 2) But i set the DSub to the max on everything (Which is kinda nuts i realize that now) So i reset them to their default with maybe one or two a bit higher and its now rendering again. 27 mins 80% at 380 itterations. (i7 4770-K with 16GB Ramm ddr3 and GTX 1070 So very old pc with a newish graphics card)
I need to pick up a package now so i will let it run and do some post-work when i am back and its done. I will post the result here with the final numbers.

@GhostPhil Yes they use high res textures but the result is really nice as you will see later.

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
My scene only had a backdrop and some lighting. The model had hair, a panty and shoes (both from angel essence 2) But i set the DSub to the max on everything (Which is kinda nuts i realize that now) So i reset them to their default with maybe one or two a bit higher and its now rendering again. 27 mins 80% at 380 itterations. (i7 4770-K with 16GB Ramm ddr3 and GTX 1070 So very old pc with a newish graphics card)
I need to pick up a package now so i will let it run and do some post-work when i am back and its done. I will post the result here with the final numbers.

@GhostPhil Yes they use high res textures but the result is really nice as you will see later.
Hmm not sure, but for me they never work. :(

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes