3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

goodbad1

May 5, 2019
That is not bad at all! I always have problems with the Daz models looking nothing like the expression thumbnails, they are always grotesquely misshaped. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong and have to apply something first.
I have the same problem. It seems that morphs of face can escalate expression morphs.
Lately I'm using 50% of expression, gives a lot better effect. Of course, if expression is "scream" it will not be that "powerful", but lot more natural. And I'm often playing with Lips Part morph to tune the expression.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I was trying to tune G8F to look like instagram model Nata Lee. Turns out it's lot harder than it seems to be. Especially that most probably many of photos are somehow edited, because after matching G8F to her face in from one photo, it didn't matched her face from other photo. Differences were sometimes quite significant, especially the proportions of upper and lower face, cheekbones size, overall head/face shape.

After 4 attempts I have finally decided to give up trying to make a face that would match Nata Lee face from all pictures, and I have just chosen one pic that I like the most, and "assumed" this is correct one (although it seems this one is rather modified, seeing how she looks in the vids). In total, I used about 20 pictures of her face.

Anyway, here is real Nata Lee, and my base picture:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And here is G8F Nata Lee
I don't know if you used that or if it was said but you can use these morphing assets that apply to places that basic morphs don't do. Useful to refine a morph.

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018

goodbad1

May 5, 2019
I don't know if you used that or if it was said but you can use these morphing assets that apply to places that basic morphs don't do. Useful to refine a morph.

Yes, I used them :)
But thanks for help anyway. In the first attempts I used a lot of morphs, and the effect is that at some point You are losing control over it, and second - expressions are horrible. So the less morphs - the better. And tools like You've linked are very helpful, because sometimes one extra morph is doing the job of 5 standard ones.

Will not even post the first one :p

I have a few ideas of "who's next", just don't have enough time now ;)

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Yes, I used them :)
But thanks for help anyway. In the first attempts I used a lot of morphs, and the effect is that at some point You are losing control over it, and second - expressions are horrible. So the less morphs - the better. And tools like You've linked are very helpful, because sometimes one extra morph is doing the job of 5 standard ones.
To finalize and really refine the morphing you can use Nvidia iRay (but works with only GPU Nvidia)
There is a difference between viewport and rendering.
capture.png

Reactions: goodbad1
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes