3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
This is a new character design with four alternative glasses, aiming the concept of sexy but innocent secretary. Which glass do you think is the best?

View attachment 378894 View attachment 378893 View attachment 378895 View attachment 378896
Not a fan of any of them to be honest. I think that a rectangular pair would be sexier, but what you are using in picture 3 are old lady glasses. Older people need glasses for reading and typically use the style shown that only covers the lower part of the eyes, so they can look down to read and look up to see everything else. If you used a proper pair that they can look straight ahead with, then that would be golden. Number four may be rectangular, but with the thick plastic frames unfortunately look like fake costume glasses.

Lewd4D

Jun 28, 2019
Your stuff is great, but you seem to be getting some weird artefacts in your render. Notice to blonde's right arm (near the elbow), as well as her left thigh (weird purple line, seems to be from a shadow? just looks a bit strange).
Thank you. The right arm doesn't have artifacts it is a scar on the body texture. I forgot that i wanted to remove that. :cautious:
And i don't see anything on the thigh on both of my monitors. :unsure:

Most likely using the dodge tool in post, depending on your monitor, he might not have intended for these to show and true enough he might not have been able to view these artifacts while working on it, but different monitors with different display properties (contrast/gamma/brightness... etc.) could show unintended artifacts that the creator/editor didn't see in their own setup.

If I'm not mistaken, Lewd4D could be using GIMP (maybe even Photoshop), in that case you can change your image depth to 16bit or more if you want softer falloff with your brushes. Had the same problem once before, so yeah, hope thats helps :)
Thx for the tip. I use PS and always use the beauty canvas. I found a custom action for PS that makes the 32-bit image into an "8-bit" image. (I can't explain it myself yet xD). All i do with my images is to change the exposure, gamma and offset.

Reactions: BrainDeadMonkey

Archelion

Dec 24, 2018
That is a nice looking white hair I have to admit. Is that a commercial product or something you made yourself?
Commercial hair (luckily it had white textures), but that's not important, the important part is to add subsurface scattering textures (SSS only) for white hair to it. I used ( ). Without it , most hair looks either fake or like plastic.

If you look at my post a little above your elf, you will see before/after applying SSS on some (initially) plastic looking blonde hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: CulayTL
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes