DAZ3d asset manual installation help

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Hey, everybody. So I've been working on my game for a bit now and I've completed a lot of the non-sexy stuff. I've finally got around to doing the sexy stuff and have noticed that in a lot of cases it seems like the poses I've downloaded and installed manually don't show up anywhere in DAZ. I'm talking about in the content library rather than the smart content tab since I know that requires the install manager and metadata. I can't really figure out why some of the things aren't showing up either considering I'm putting them in the correct paths. For instance, I can install two different pose packages using the exact same method and only one will show up in the program. I can scour the content library and it simply won't be there. Then if I check my daz3d library folder on my hard drive, the files are all there. It's super frustrating and I can't seem to figure it out. As an example, I recently downloaded Anal Expedition (https://f95zone.to/threads/anal-expedition-g8.40403/). If you open the archive, you'll find the folder "My Library" followed by the subfolders "People, Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8 Male, etc". I place these in the "People" file directory in my library, but when I load up Daz3d and go to the people folder, they are nowhere to be found. Content directory search turns up nothing. What exactly am I doing wrong? I've done things like re-import and recompile metadata and install offline products too and nothing happens.

If it's important, I keep the DAZ3d program itself on my main drive and the library files on a separate hard drive that has a lot more storage space. The only things I've noticed I had to install on the primary drive are plugins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since this is definitely going to throw off my launch window. Thanks in advance!

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Its in Genesis 8 Female/ poses/db xxx/Anal expedition G8 if you put it in right

When you install these you can skip the db xxx and put the Anal expedition folder in poses.

When you can't find something in the my library tab, open up the file path in windows and follow it in daz. It will always be in daz somewhere, if something is wrong you will get an error when you click on it.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: swbf2tl