Daz3d Custom Character

Hetaneko

Apr 26, 2018
So i want to create a game that you can customize your character, also animated. But i have a problem with rendering body parts in daz.

1) There is lines between each body part
line.png

2) Shadows do not match
shadow.png

Please if you know anything to fix any of this problem just tell me or should i do this with another way ?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
So i want to create a game that you can customize your character, also animated. But i have a problem with rendering body parts in daz.

1) There is lines between each body part
View attachment 574602

2) Shadows do not match
View attachment 574603

Please if you know anything to fix any of this problem just tell me or should i do this with another way ?
This looks like a shader problem. I had something similar recently, but only where the UV joints are. In your case it looks like it's where the bones join, which shouldn't happen. The knees are usually covered by the same texture that covers the rest of the leg, so maybe this is directly on the texture?
The shader looks like one of these cartoon shader for Daz, is that correct? If so, you might have to look in the Daz forum thread for that Shader.

Hetaneko

Apr 26, 2018
This looks like a shader problem. I had something similar recently, but only where the UV joints are. In your case it looks like it's where the bones join, which shouldn't happen. The knees are usually covered by the same texture that covers the rest of the leg, so maybe this is directly on the texture?
The shader looks like one of these cartoon shader for Daz, is that correct? If so, you might have to look in the Daz forum thread for that Shader.
Thanks for the reply. i have looked everywhere and i just found a guy in daz forum that having the same problem with me, but no one helped him i think its because daz forum is not active so i just wanted to post from here.

Btw i fixed the shadow problem by playing around with lights.
And those lines in my post are space. i mean when i make body parts close to each other lines are disappearing but you know its not that useful i need a clear fix so thank you for any comment

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply. i have looked everywhere and i just found a guy in daz forum that having the same problem with me, but no one helped him i think its because daz forum is not active so i just wanted to post from here.

Btw i fixed the shadow problem by playing around with lights.
And those lines in my post are space. i mean when i make body parts close to each other lines are disappearing but you know its not that useful i need a clear fix so thank you for any comment
So if these lines are gaps (?), then it might be because of the extreme morphs you are using. Something like mesh grabber might help here, but it's just a guess, I've never seen anything like that in Daz before.

Hetaneko

Apr 26, 2018
So if these lines are gaps (?), then it might be because of the extreme morphs you are using. Something like mesh grabber might help here, but it's just a guess, I've never seen anything like that in Daz before.
Thank you so much! that helps me so much.

Reactions: recreation

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
I think you nailed it but im thinking he'll need new skin textures. And im not sure how to do that with the EXTREME morphs he's doing.