Daz3d Iray iterations starts fast but slows down.

Nov 4, 2023
ok so, my iray iterations start fast like 3-4 iterations per sec, and after some iterations maybe like 30-40 or sometimes sooner idk, it completely slows down and get to like 1 iteration per 4-5 secs?

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc, tried to restart daz, tried scene optimizer, lowered the dress ress etc.

idk why it suddenly drops down.

i have tried disabling the CPU option in advanced rendering but its slow when disabled so enabled it back and it fast....should i disabled CPU FALLBACK?

My card is- Nvidia GTX 1650(4gb) , 16 ram.

please any advice would be helpfull.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
i have tried disabling the CPU option in advanced rendering but its slow when disabled so enabled it back and it fast....should i disabled CPU FALLBACK?
Generally, yes. Disable CPU fallback in most cases. That being said, it's not going to change or enhance your performance.

What disabling CPU fallback will do is send back a black screen/render if you don't have enough VRAM to render the given scene and/or assets. CPU fallback will allow the render to fall onto the CPU (and RAM) to render it if the GPU runs out of the necessary amount of VRAM, thus slowing it down considerably unless you're on a very high-end CPU with a solid chunk of ram. But even that would still be slower than rendering with an Nvidia GPU.

That being said, a 1650 with 4GB of VRAM isn't going to be enough for a lot modern assets. Having just Daz and Windows displaying through said GPU is going use up nearly 2GB-ish of VRAM.

vram.png

That leaves you with slightly over 2GB of VRAM to render with in the best case scenario. You're going to need to be using Scene Optimizer, culling, etc. fairly often to fit within those kinds of constraints. Rendering a lower scale like 720p and then upscaling to 1080 via Topaz or some such software might be the better idea.

Nov 4, 2023
Generally, yes. Disable CPU fallback in most cases. That being said, it's not going to change or enhance your performance.

What disabling CPU fallback will do is send back a black screen/render if you don't have enough VRAM to render the given scene and/or assets. CPU fallback will allow the render to fall onto the CPU (and RAM) to render it if the GPU runs out of the necessary amount of VRAM, thus slowing it down considerably unless you're on a very high-end CPU with a solid chunk of ram. But even that would still be slower than rendering with an Nvidia GPU.

That being said, a 1650 with 4GB of VRAM isn't going to be enough for a lot modern assets. Having just Daz and Windows displaying through said GPU is going use up nearly 2GB-ish of VRAM.

View attachment 3193710

That leaves you with slightly over 2GB of VRAM to render with in the best case scenario. You're going to need to be using Scene Optimizer, culling, etc. fairly often to fit within those kinds of constraints. Rendering a lower scale like 720p and then upscaling to 1080 via Topaz or some such software might be the better idea.
Gotcha I'll try with cpu fallback option and all, and i use mostly G8 or G8.1 because IK G9 takes a lot of time to render. Currently it's Impossible for me to buy a new PC but maybe after a year or so i can buy a PC with good specs. thank you for the advice.

PS: love your games

Reactions: MissFortune