[Daz3D] is it possible to make a HDRI...

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
Actually just a dome background

I want to put all objects in the daz3d scene and make a dome map from that. Is that possible?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I am more of a blender user, but the ideas should be the same, you'll probably need to use an equirectangular projection mode for your camera to get the Dome effect, and keep your output as raw then saving it in a file format that supports hdr such as .exr to have it in HDR.
If you save it in not HDR, you can still use the image, and in fact, you could use the image in a game, where moving the image around emulates looking around the room, but this is not flawless.

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
select your desired camera, go to the cameras tab, select lens, use "lens distortion type"-> spherical. render.
you can use the finished render as a dome background image.
Sorry for a late update, but i can confirm this works!

Only problem people might have with this, the resolution has to be pretty high.
But u can stop the render after a while and just blur the image a little.

So, its like perfect for outdoor scenes if u cant find a good background image.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I shared this link in another thread:

It was mentioned in that thread that, while Daz can do a spherical render, it generally won't provide the lighting information that a full HDRI does. BUT, you can use the Daz renders to make an HDRI, by adding the lighting information.

There are also a few programs out there that will do this as well, but I don't have any recommendations for those. As noted in the link above, GIMP can do this too, and GIMP is free/open source for those that worry about such things, and that can't afford/don't want to do the Adobe subscription thing...

Reactions: monkeyposter_7