Daz3D Library Problem

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I've actually googled a lot about this but haven't would anything about this particular problem.

So I installed Daz3D and changed in both Daz3D Studio and Daz3D Install Manager the library location since my C drive is limited with only 100GB (don't ask why).

Anyhow, my problem is that any resource I put manually inside the library folder isn't shown inside Daz3D Studio while any resource I put via Daz Install Manager is.

Logically, I thought I'm putting the files in the wrong directory, but that's not the case.
The files I install via the manager end up in E:\Daz3DLibrary which is the same directory I manually put other resources.

I've tried everything and from everything I know and from what I've read on different forums it seems everything is set up right but something isn't working right and I can't seem to find it out.

When I extract resources that I need to manually put they contain "People", "Data" and "Runtime" folders. I just copy those inside the library. This is the screenshot of the library folder.

Does anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong here?

Soar

Jul 2, 2017
Hey ! Did you tried to locate your custom content with the "Content Library" tab instead of "Smart Content" one ?

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Yes, I did.

It doesn't show them there either.
It's like they're not installed properly or something, but I checked and the files are inside the correct folders.

For example, this hair resource is located inside this path:
E:\Daz3d-Library\data\AprilYSH\ChaceGenesis\ChaceHairG3F
and it doesn't show it inside the studio while at the same time this hair resource I installed with Daz IM with this path shows correctly inside the studio.
E:\Daz3d-Library\data\outoftouch\Everyday Updo Hair\Everyday Updo Hair

It's like this for every resource I put in manually.

HawkTheGreat

Jul 15, 2017
Go to see here :

I think it will help you.

Sorry for my english

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Thx for the reply but it didn't help :(

These are my setting inside the studio. I think they're set correctly but I'm not sure now at all.

These are setting inside the install manager

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Omfg, nevermind, I finally found them... *facepalm*

Didn't know all the manually installed stuff is thrown inside "Daz Studio Formats" on "Content Library" tab for some reason. It's inside a totally separate section for some reason and not listed with other resources.

@Soar
Seems you were right but I didn't quite understand what I meant by what you wrote. Now I do... :)

Reactions: Soar