• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz3d - numerical keyboard bug

Estreiher

Jan 16, 2020
Hi all,

I've got a weird problem with numerical keyboard while using DAZ. When I change any value with right-side keyboard keys and press enter it automatically goes to maximum possible value.

So far I haven't found any solutions to it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

eryuga

May 4, 2017
Hey, this is not a reply to what you asked. Sorry about it.
I have a question for you: do you have any example of your DAZ 3D rendering scene with your GTX 1080?
You said that a full scene with 2-3 lights requires 2 hours, right?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hi all,

I've got a weird problem with numerical keyboard while using DAZ. When I change any value with right-side keyboard keys and press enter it automatically goes to maximum possible value.

So far I haven't found any solutions to it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
I'm not seeing the behavior you're describing. I'm using Daz Studio 4.15.0.2, and the numeric keypad on my keyboard seems to be working fine. (Click on a parameter, type a new value, press ENTER - I get what I expect.)

You're not using a gaming keyboard, are you? One of those ones where you can program macros and bind them to keys?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hey, this is not a reply to what you asked. Sorry about it.
I have a question for you: do you have any example of your DAZ 3D rendering scene with your GTX 1080?
You said that a full scene with 2-3 lights requires 2 hours, right?
I use a dual GTX 1080 setup for my renders. The amount of time required for a render to complete is obviously dependent on a large number of things, including size of the image, lighting, the type of props or figures, etc., but the vast majority of mine are done in 30-40 minutes. So, that'd be somewhere in the 1 hour range with a single GTX 1080. Some take significantly less time than that, a few "hard" ones might take 2 hours with a single 1080. But there's no "one size fits all" answer to "how long," because it depends entirely on the scene.

maiku123

Jun 2, 2017
Rich Hey bud, one question, I've being interested in trying to make my own vn to take advantage of my graphic card however after trying a few times to pose on daz I find it extremely annoying to pose stuff there. It's ok if you pull generic poses from the library but as far as what I have seen doing artistic manual fine details in it is super slow and sometimes the clothing clips a lot thru the model and is not like you can use an inflate brush like in blender to fix the clipping or weird anatomy creases. Have you have the same issue with daz or it actually gets better over time?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Rich Hey bud, one question, I've being interested in trying to make my own vn to take advantage of my graphic card however after trying a few times to pose on daz I find it extremely annoying to pose stuff there. It's ok if you pull generic poses from the library but as far as what I have seen doing artistic manual fine details in it is super slow and sometimes the clothing clips a lot thru the model and is not like you can use an inflate brush like in blender to fix the clipping or weird anatomy creases. Have you have the same issue with daz or it actually gets better over time?
Posing and lighting were the two things that took me the longest to learn. Not that I'm an expert at either. I do most of my posing work using the dials, as opposed to trying to drag around body parts - Daz's IK support for this is OK, but not spectacular, IMHO. I have about a half-dozen "go to" pre-made poses that I frequently use to start with, mostly just to get some of that "stiffness" out, followed by a lot of tweaking. Personally, I think it's mostly a question of "practice, practice, practice."

There are a couple of tutorials specifically on posing at Daz3d.com. I can't provide you with a review of any of them, since I haven't seen them, but it's one thing to consider. The other is to find photos of real people in roughly the pose you want and then study the small details. Hands, in particular, are tricky to get to look natural. Not to mention "this person is touching that person," in which you have to carefully coordinate two different figures.

Estreiher

Jan 16, 2020
Thanks for trying to reply to my question, but it's been so long time ago, so I've even forgotten about it :)

maiku123

Jun 2, 2017
Posing and lighting were the two things that took me the longest to learn. Not that I'm an expert at either. I do most of my posing work using the dials, as opposed to trying to drag around body parts - Daz's IK support for this is OK, but not spectacular, IMHO. I have about a half-dozen "go to" pre-made poses that I frequently use to start with, mostly just to get some of that "stiffness" out, followed by a lot of tweaking. Personally, I think it's mostly a question of "practice, practice, practice."

There are a couple of tutorials specifically on posing at Daz3d.com. I can't provide you with a review of any of them, since I haven't seen them, but it's one thing to consider. The other is to find photos of real people in roughly the pose you want and then study the small details. Hands, in particular, are tricky to get to look natural. Not to mention "this person is touching that person," in which you have to carefully coordinate two different figures.
Thanks for replying, have you tried using daz + maya or blender?. The thing is, posing itself as a concept for me I dont think would be as bad, I have made poses in blender before for different characters and I studied drawing for a few years now, we did alot of figure drawing and im not afraid of using references what troubles me a bit is the speed. I come from blender, blender is incredible fast for moving meshes and you can do collision boxes and simulation for jiggling effects without much trouble, no need to use dials or scrolling up and down to find the dial to modify certain part. The thing that blender is missing that is in daz is how easy is to change clothing to characters (just to change them because modify the clothing itself in daz is super hard, as far as I have seen) I have work a bit with diffeomorphic addon to transfer models but what I am not sure if you can do the same with the clothing.

If you dont know is fine, im just asking because I see you are actively helping ppl in the forum. Basically I just want the character in blender or maya from the get go and move there haha

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Basically I just want the character in blender or maya from the get go and move there haha
Daz Studio has a Daz-to-Blender converter. ( ) Vaguely similar to Diffeomorphic, but with a somewhat different rig. I'm honestly not sure about transferring things other than figures - I'm planning to do some experimentation with Blender in the very near future, but personally, I do all my rendering in Daz Studio, so the ability to transfer lots of stuff to Blender isn't high on my "to do" list. Sorry.

maiku123

Jun 2, 2017
Daz Studio has a Daz-to-Blender converter. ( ) Vaguely similar to Diffeomorphic, but with a somewhat different rig. I'm honestly not sure about transferring things other than figures - I'm planning to do some experimentation with Blender in the very near future, but personally, I do all my rendering in Daz Studio, so the ability to transfer lots of stuff to Blender isn't high on my "to do" list. Sorry.
Its ok, no worries, I have tried that one. So far I havent seen the worth of it. At least to me Is actually quite annoying to use and had freezed my computer severaltimes. I think diffeomorphic is more flesh out and is simpler for transferring already base posed figures (but I could be doing something bad lol). Diffeomorphic is harder to install thats for sure but once installed you just export the figure and thats it. What I hear is that genitalia gives trouble due to the geographs.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019
Hi all,

Read the last post, then the first post, and thought I accidently changed the thread lol :D. Just out of curiosity, was the problem by any chance caused by a deactivated NUM? In that case the numerical keyboard would work just like the arrow keys I think :)