[Daz3D]Problem with the ground resolution in Daz3D

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Hello folks,

I had a problem with Daz3d when I was adding a ground to a scene...
I bought this package: and instead of having this .

I had this one:

College side view.png College top view.png

like you can see the ground is like zoomed too much, and I tried with scale and everything but I still don't know what to do to fix the issue...
I would be glad if anyone could help.

Thanks.

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
try a 'dirty' solution:
[Surface]-Tab -> If DAZ Studio Material [Tilling] / If Iray Material [Geometry] -> Adjust Horizontal/Vertical Tiles

Not sure whether the original is UV-mapped and what Renderer/Material type you use.

Reactions: Spirox

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
try a 'dirty' solution:
[Surface]-Tab -> If DAZ Studio Material [Tilling] / If Iray Material [Geometry] -> Adjust Horizontal/Vertical Tiles

Not sure whether the original is UV-mapped and what Renderer/Material type you use.
This will fix it. It's a poser prop, so it will be under Tiling

Reactions: Spirox

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
try a 'dirty' solution:

Thanks, man, it's working and the author gave me the same answer too
The only problem remaining and also what the author pointed out when he answered me is this :
In Poser the ground texture is mixed with another grass texture to reduce the tiling effect, but I don't know how to do that in DAZ either.
Now everything is in the right scale but I am having a tiling effect with no ground :cry:

Here some pictures to describe what I mean:

this is a picture with the ground roads
product_image_full_253090_827e1870bbaa561ea5bb1a2f14fb5b1b.jpg
And this is my render with a tiled effect :(

tiled effect.png

Thanks!!

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
For starters I would use fewer tiles, thats way too much^^
You can add another plane via main menu -> create -> new primitive -> pane and then add another grass texture to it (or even the same and rotate/move it a bit) via surfaces -> base color

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
For starters I would use fewer tiles, thats way too much^^
You can add another plane via main menu -> create -> new primitive -> pane and then add another grass texture to it (or even the same and rotate/move it a bit) via surfaces -> base color
Oh and change the opacity value, or you wont see the other plane anymore :)