Daz3D question regarding drapes / blinds.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Are there any packages that actually include resizable and morphable drapes / blinds? I know the Candy Bedroom pack has drapes that open and shut, but they cannot be resized.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
If you want to resize anything that doesn't have that property, simply select the object and create a new group with it, then by selecting that group you can resize the object.

Reactions: Yonamous

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
I don't know for existing packages, but can't you use use the scales tabs? They may be hidden, but I don't see why they shouldn't work.
You can show hidden properties by clicking the parameters active pane options.

Edit: Or use a group :LOL:

Reactions: p_staker

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
If you want to resize anything that doesn't have that property, simply select the object and create a new group with it, then by selecting that group you can resize the object.
Unfortunatly it loses it's open and close function when doing that, but it is better than having nothing at all.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Unfortunatly it loses it's open and close function when doing that, but it is better than having nothing at all.
Why? You can resize object selecting the group, but you can still use the morphs selecting the object inside the group :unsure:

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
Just a suggestion for people that use blender.
I made my blind in blender, and there u can set them like u wish, export and import in daz3d
And if they have to be opened/closed, i just go back to blender, do what has to be done, open them (its supper easy to "rig" stuff in blender, well, it's not actually rigging, u just have the option to move them in a way like blinds move) and then i export that, import in daz3d, apply the same surface and u have a (longer) but still, easy way to do stuff like this.

I'm not saying this because it's easy, easiest is to download them or rig them in daz3d if u know how.

BUT u can do this with anything

blankets for one example. First i make a bed (or just a blanket and use already done bed)
and if i need to have them over the character, i export the character and bed and import it in blender
take the plane (same scale as your original blanket offcourse), animate it with cloth effect where i want it to be over the character (thats why i export it from daz3d), apply solidify or whatever effect u used for the blanket before, and export only the blanket. And i import that in daz3d and just apply the same surface.
It also remembers the exact position of the objects (when u export in daz3d and import to blender and back) so u dont even have to move the blanket in daz3d world.

This is not a good way for everything, but with some objects u might find this very useful, specially for blankets.
Since u have to rig them for daz3d and then u have mesh that works really bad in daz3d, so u need to apply a push modifier and other crap so it doesn't mesh in/out of the character and objects.
In blender it just falls over your character and bed perfectly.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I have not tested it out, but the European Apartment by Roguey (on the Daz site) has very high quality assets and I know it has posable blinds, and all the assets are modular, so you can load one piece of furniture at a time.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I have not tested it out, but the European Apartment by Roguey (on the Daz site) has very high quality assets and I know it has posable blinds, and all the assets are modular, so you can load one piece of furniture at a time.
Much obliged.