Daz3D - Rough Edges - Clothes

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I'm looking for some dress that looks something like a dress a not so poor medieval village girl would wear but whatever asset I find I usually have the same problem and that is rough edges. Just look at those damned shoulder edges... It looks horrible... Is that because of the assets or is it because of something on my end?

The same thing usually also applies to the breast area.

Is there any way to fix such things?

It's pretty hard to find something that I like and when I find it, in the end, I just get pissed because of things like that...

Any help/suggestion/comment is greatly appreciated.

This is another render with a different clothes set and everything seems to be fine...

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
I'm looking for some dress that looks something like a dress a not so poor medieval village girl would wear but whatever asset I find I usually have the same problem and that is rough edges. Just look at those damned shoulder edges... It looks horrible... Is that because of the assets or is it because of something on my end?

The same thing usually also applies to the breast area.

Is there any way to fix such things?

It's pretty hard to find something that I like and when I find it, in the end, I just get pissed because of things like that...

Any help/suggestion/comment is greatly appreciated.

This is another render with a different clothes set and everything seems to be fine...

If your clothing assets has mesh smoothing, you can increase the smoothing iterations and the collision iterations in the parameter's tab, but this doesn't help unless the model is also smooth. Select model click parameters set resolution level to high, increase subDivision level from 1 to 2 or 3. This will probably get rid of shoulder problem. I'm having trouble seeing whats wrong with the second image. If none of the above works its probably the asset. You rarely need to mess with these settings so for the most part is likely either the model or the cloths that are not to your standards.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks, I'll try doing what you've said. Hopefully, it helps.

There's nothing really wrong with the second picture. It does look a bit weird around the breast area since the clothes are like glued to them but I think I saw some expand option.