Daz3D Third Party File item Has directory, But Missing File Error!!

ssver64

Jun 23, 2017
Hello Guys! I'm trying to learn how to use Daz3D properly so thanks for your answers in advance :)

So i downloaded an external character named HD Fredda from 3rd Party Site. When i tried to transfer files into Daz3d i got error on like screenshots.

To make things clear;

1- I introduced the files to Daz3D as external library.
2- Eventhough i've all texture files on correct file DAZ3D couldn't able to locate them. You all can cleary see my problem at screenshots.

I hope you guys can help me out with this. Thanks a lot.

Jul 11, 2017
you were not suppose to extract it
you were suppose to use the daz3d content manager to install it
if you see something like this IM00079659-01_HDFreddaandFreddaHairforGenesis8Female.zip you use the daz3d content manager

you were talking about this asset
https://f95zone.to/threads/hd-fredda-and-fredda-hair-for-genesis-8-female.68457/
This is wrong.

You can manually install anything made for DAZ without DIM or anything else. He just installed it wrong.

OP

You need to only extract the Content folder's contents into your DAZ content directory. So, you open up the IM000 zip, and drag/drop the Content folder where your DAZ Content folder is, and it will install properly. You messed up the file structure of the install when you installed the whole IM000 folder. You're only supposed to install what's within the Content folder of the zip.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I hope you guys can help me out with this. Thanks a lot.
The error is in the way you manually installed the asset.

You correctly declared your "Bizim Dozyalar" folder as Daz3D library, but then you put the asset not into this folder, but into a sub folder inside it. And it's what prevent Daz3D to find the files ; Daz3D expect the working folders (data, people, preset, runtime, etc.) to be at top level of the library folder.
In your example, the texture files are in "Bizim Dozyalar/IM00079659-01_HDFreddaandFreddaHairforGenesis8Female/Content/Runtime/Textures/", while Daz3D search them in "Bizim Dozyalar/Runtime/Textures/".

you were not suppose to extract it
you were suppose to use the daz3d content manager to install it
"Suppose" is the key word. It's perfectly possible to install the asset manually, even when they are DIM compatible. They'll not be included into the smart content manager, that's all.
It's not necessarily the best way to do, but when you are just testing the asset it's sometime easier to install it, then remove it, manually. As long as you installed it correctly, what wasn't the case here.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
HDFreddaandFreddaHairforGenesis8Female
Good asset choice tho.
Skin is super meh, hairs are a mess to render, neck is long (lmao), but damn that head scult.
Love that semi realistic feels, a bit of fresh air.

fredda_blonde.png

Aristo42

Jan 19, 2020
Hocam selam, bende aynı hatayı alıyordum fakat sorunu çözdüm tam olarak nasıl olduğunu bilmiyorum fakat neyden sonra düzeldiğini yazıyım. Content Library'de gördüğün gibi iki tane My Daz 3D Library kısmı var üsttekini programın içinden sil. Ayrıca indirdiğin 3. parti içerikleride IM klasörüyle değil contentten sonraki kısımları My Daz 3D library kısmına atarak yapman gerek. İyi forumlar.