Daz Daz3D to Blender: Diffeomorphic importer

Abelzal

Jun 2, 2017
Guys, I need some help and I'm not sure whether it's me being a moron or something about the software being buggy.

I've been trying to export the posed models to Blender using the Diffeomorphic importer, but unfortunately, the script doesn't create a .dbz file. It claims it does, but there's nothing at the stated destination.

I tried both 1.4 and 1.5 versions, and it's the same story both times.

What am I doing wrong?

Abelzal

Jun 2, 2017
Never mind. Solved it after a good cup of tea.

Just change the path to where it doesn't contain any problematic characters. Cyrillic, for instance.

Going to leave it here in case anyone else has the same problem.

sergii-g

Oct 5, 2017
oh, thank You very much!
i'm very beginner, and wouldn't come to this even with cup of vodka
Thank You!

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Don't bother if you expect to take genitals into unreal with this. Broken fucking product. hate these guys!!!!
As stated in another thread already, It's not meant to be used for Unreal because it works for DAZ to Blender.
Are you daft or sth?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Did I not state that

If you want to call me names then fine but Unreal is industry standard and currently has the highest quality in all aspects. It is the end destination for anyone seeking the highest of the 2022 level of lighting and cinematics. I stated in the comment that if you are trying to use Unreal its broken...where is the confusion?" I was rude though and I apologize.
Arnold, Vray, Renderman (going opensource :love:), Redshift, Mantra, Octane, Eevee, Cycle, HDRP has all been cancelled.

After the rise of Blender boys, here comes the Unreal ones (for god's sake lol).

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I guess all the triple A studios that trashed their own in house engines to go with UE5 and all the Hollywood studios now replacing green screen with UE ran led screens are all just a bunch of misguided fools. Back to blender everyone to spend 60 hours on 1 static image with sub par results.

I apologized for my comment but please keep being an asshole.
Yeah I'm sure Ubisoft, Rockstar, Santa Monica, Bethesda, EA and the major studio/publisher will bin their in-house engines for UE5 anytime now. Surely CDProject moving from RedEngine has nothing to do with developpment hell, a bug fest shipped release and huge turnover (mostly all OG Witcher devs left). As well for VFX industry, soon, complete collapse of those robust Autodesk/Nuke/Houdini pipelines, you read it first.

That what I would said if I was an idiot.

Note, that doesn't make UE5 any less fantsatic.

Last edited: