Daz3D unexpected textures behaviour

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
It is kinda a long story.

For some scene i need to make a phone screen with some kind of chat. I made it. But suddenly...

That's how picture looks like in photo editor.
1630790667620.png

And that's how it appears in render.
1630790858508.png

I done a lot of things and out of idea at this moment. Different color kinda help though, but not to much.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Is there a reason why you can't just render the image as-is and then add all the chat/texting stuff in Post/Photoshop? Seems like it would make your life a lot easier. Or even as a PNG to be added later in Ren'py? I just usually make the texts in photoshop and export each individual text as a PNG with no background and toss them into Ren'py when needed.

ezgif-4-928bc7b9c6f9.gif

Could easily be turn into a webcam chat format, as well. If you wanted to take it a step further, you could likely use a motion effects (After Effects, most likely) program and keyframe a chat animation if you don't want to do it Ren'py.

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
Is there a reason why you can't just render the image as-is and then add all the chat/texting stuff in Post/Photoshop?

Ofcource it is. I placed this image on a screen surface of smartphone prop and i very unfamiliar with photoshop to make it look good if i just paste picture in a finished render.

Still, i sudenly solved it by my self.
1630853301637.png
It is because of Iray textures compression settings plus low PPI number on a big texture.
Never heard about such problems before, but here we are. And for some reason this compression artifacts mostly affcets only this red text.