EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
1670362432785.png

Overview:
Humanity is on the brink of collapse, society is no more, and the only thing left is the screams of the undead,
echoing across the desolate streets of a long-gone civilization.

DeadMoon Survival is a choice-based visual novel where you will shape the world's fate.
Are you going to become a badass monster slayer, or will you cry in a corner swallowing your own snot?
Maybe you are willing to become something else for the sake of those you hold dear... a monster.

This game is quite dark and, in a sense, realistic.
Danger lurks around every corner, and some choices need your quick reactions.
But do not fret.
The horrors of the apocalypse are not the only thing that awaits you, there's also room for some spicy situations.
After all, humans always strive for a ray of light in the middle of despair.
Hope is the only way to move forward...​

Thread Updated: 2024-02-23
Release Date: 2024-02-15
Developer: Hot Tomato -
Censored: No
Version: 0.8
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Extras: - Multi-Mod* -
WT Mod*

Old Build

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

19.jpg cf4e3789e4b67dc73432b2e38ef94db7.gif 10.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 22.jpg 21.jpg 7.jpg 18.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 20.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 23.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
This might not be so bad if the translation was better. Example, "Nobody goes outside beside myself, except in case of obligation." Pretty sure that last word was supposed to be emergency. Other than that, the renders are fantastic.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
DeadMoon Survival is a choice-based visual novel, where some choices can change the dialogues,
scenes, and can lead to pleasant event, or to some who are less... happy.
Yes, this is a game which is meant to be quite dark, and in a certain sense realistic.
I want to make a scary world, where you meet the danger in every corner, where you need to think fast.
Indeed, sometimes certain choices have a time limit, and there is no turning back !
I'm not a fan of losing LIs or bad endings. The part where it is stated that some elections will have limited time and that there is no going back does not appeal to me at all (if there is a possibility to rollback and choose again until I get the correct election I don't care about the limited time).

An unavoidable rape is one of those things that takes me out of the game.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Uh, there is something very strange. I cannot load saves after closing and re-opening the game. It just hangs immediately and never loads. Never seen this issue before.

Has anyone else encountered this?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hot Tomato
May 27, 2017
This is just my personal opinion, but to have "Incest" and "Rape/NTR" tags at the same time (in any game), should be a crime.

Game looks good, if it's truly and easily avoidable, then I will try this. Regardless, English needs a lot of work, and the game shouldn't be too dark; real life has enough problems and challenges, we come here for escapism and entertainment, not more pain and suffering.

Last edited:

Ddraigon

Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 16, 2020
DeadMoon Survival [v0.15] [Hot Tomato]

Original PC : 475 MB
Original Mac : 440 MB

Compressed PC (176 MB) :
Compressed Mac (142 MB) :

This Compression is Unofficial and may break your game.

Last edited:

Hot Tomato

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Hello everyone I'm the dev of DeadMoon, first of all thank you for the thread creation and the feedbacks ! I hope you will enjoy this game :)

This might not be so bad if the translation was better. Example, "Nobody goes outside beside myself, except in case of obligation." Pretty sure that last word was supposed to be emergency. Other than that, the renders are fantastic.
Thank you for the feedback ! Yes, I'm working on it, I will buy a professional translator in the next months.

am i the only one that cannot finish the game? the memory usage goes to like 5gb and it becomes unplayable, never had that happend with any other game ever.
Sorry for that :( I'm working on it right now ! Maybe it happens because the images are too heavy for RenPy, I'm converting the images in PNG to JPG format with a program reducing their size. I hope I will fix this problem tonight or tomorrow and will release a fix after that !

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Meh... The rape is avoidable (the choice is not that obvious though), but the game is so lesbian heavy (none of it optional or even skippable), I don't even know what's the point of having a male protagonist. He's there to be a wimp and play the whole zero to hero cliche or something like that I guess...
Anyway, like I said it's too lesbian focused for my tastes, so I won't play any further updates, but other than some stupid choices that don't make sense and lead to a game over (Of course I'll use a damn knife and not my foot to defend myself, if I have that option) the game is not bad.

am i the only one that cannot finish the game? the memory usage goes to like 5gb and it becomes unplayable, never had that happend with any other game ever.
That's because the dev is using "show" but not "hide" for each new image, so they stack on each other. If you open the script with notepad, hit Ctrl+H and replace all "show" with "scene" you should be able to run the game without any issues.
*It will also change the word "show" in the conversations, but it will at least be playable.

Hot Tomato

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Meh... The rape is avoidable (the choice is not that obvious though), but the game is so lesbian heavy (none of it optional or even skippable), I don't even know what's the point of having a male protagonist. He's there to be a wimp and play the whole zero to hero cliche or something like that I guess...
Anyway, like I said it's too lesbian focused for my tastes, so I won't play any further updates, but other than some stupid choices that don't make sense and lead to a game over (Of course I'll use a damn knife and not my foot to defend myself, if I have that option) the game is not bad.

That's because the dev is using "show" but not "hide" for each new image, so they stack on each other. If you open the script with notepad, hit Ctrl+H and replace all "show" with "scene" you should be able to run the game without any issues.
*It will also change the word "show" in the conversations, but it will at least be playable.
Oh ! Yes I always use the show fonction, thank you for this answer I will change that.

Reactions: Eldar and bobdillan
4.10 star(s) 88 Votes