VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Dear Monster [v2023-09-30] [Y Press Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

FugginDamaged

I feel like most of the Ypress always leave something to be desired, The art is great and plot is interesting but it also feels like a little to trust an incubus, you're stuck in this one place and u immediately need to choose your mate for the rest of the plot.

Each of the character has a different story and something that makes them stand out but I feel like that may be untapped which sucks because the art has never been better.

Talking about the characters, I loved everyone of them but I'm also excited about playing the Orc route, that if I'm frank is the reason I wanted to started the game to begin with. But I will definitely wait since his release is gonna happen sometime soon.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

huledyuu

It's Y Press Game: Another One. If you love this dev to bits, you'll love this game too. Otherwise you don't need to play this.

Firstly, let me praise the artwork. It's the best one from this dev by far. I enjoyed the variety of body types and cloths designs. There's a consistent style between CGs, BGs and sprites. Coloring is good too. There are also multiple animated scenes. But that's where the positives end.

The writing is dreadfully under cooked. You have barebones isekai premise with forgettable cast of characters. MC is almost a self-insert with no development or changed throughout the game. None of the guys stand out at all and I'm not sure why they didn't give Orc dude a route from the get go because he leaves the weakest first impression imo. Sex scenes are written like a $1 erotica from your local bookstore and there's no buildup to them at all, to the point I started calling them "jump scare sexy times". There's virtually no world building in the game too.

At least the game runs well. My PC isn't the strongest, but I experiences no crashes even during sex scenes. UI is fine and non-intrusive.

Honestly I played this because I haven't touched Y Press games in a while and wondered if they made any progress in terms of writing. In retrospect, I should've stayed away. The game was very unmemorable and I won't be sticking around for Orc's route.

TL;DR look up CG rips and go on with your day to play better gaymes.