VN - Others - Completed - Death Moon [v1.0.31] [Hina Aozora]

1. 2.00 star(s)

slutseekerm

at the risk of sounding like a hater:

1. Game engine - If you choose to snub the most ubiquitous VN game engine (renpy) for your own custom godot implementation there better be a damn good reason why youre doing that and there shouldn't be a noticeable decrease in quality. This game doesn't have basic features like save slots and skip text. You have to click on one specific part of the screen to advance the text. truly a horrendous idea. Also, the game should not be a buggy mess. I had to reset my save because I was softlocked since the character I was meant to select didn't show up in the character select screen.

2. Story - kinda boring rehash of the among us premise. The intrigue game that they play is extremely basic with characters just confiding in you about who the killer is but refusing to ever justify it. None of the ends are very satisfying and all of the characters are unimportant because no time is spent on them.

3. Art - quite beautiful and what attracted me to the game in the first place.

4. Romance - the game goes from having zero romance or sexual tension to random sex scenes with no dialogue, context, or reason to exist. The sex scenes are short and boring.

it's like the dev wanted to make a game about among us but last minute added a handful sex scenes so it would count as an adult VN.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

KyloRenSucks

Honestly, very disappointing, with so much potential

First off, the preview images are the entirety of the H-Scenes in the game, so don't expect too much

Second, its a time loop game, where you have to die/play through it again and again to try and get the endings, which means the premise of playing "Mafia" goes out of the window immediately. Only in one of the four routes did I play at all, and picking anything incorrectly got a bad end immediately. Its not actually branching at all. Its such a bait and switch game, don't go into it expecting a murder mystery, instead great value The Matrix

This wouldn't be so bad if there was a skip function, but there isn't. Combined with numerous bugs, its just a bad Kinetic novel.