RPGM - Completed - Deceived by the Host [Final] [Seiheiki Times]

1. 3.00 star(s)

PandiStelle

This is actually a visual novel - the gameplay elements here are just straight tedium with boring, unchanging minigames to bide your time as you slowly buy unlocks to stalk your own girlfriend. You may want to try and play until the first ntr sex scene for the buildup but this is a 100% save kind of game.

The story is pretty mild - no blackmail at least but you really have to suspend some belief that the characters are really that gullible and stupid. If you want to be generous you can explain or justify the actions from the victims but annoyingly the story just doesn't function without these characters making dumb decisions that lead to the downfall, which is too common in netorare stories. The ending is also garbage.

Art is good but there is no voice acting.

There is a neat mechanic where you can "watch" the girl having cheating sex in real time and see stats go up which is fun and exciting to watch the first few times but because it sometimes happens via rng and leads to some generic scenarios - the appeal loses quickly. You can also stalk twitter accounts to get more story and lewd pictures from the characters. This unfortunately creates a giant plothole as the MC basically never addresses any of this in the story despite gaining these knowledge and tools from characters in the game and finding/purchasing them online.

Probably worth some faps but generally not worth your time.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Kwakku

All in all one of my favorite RPGM style H games. Storywise it's really basic and the gameplay kind of grindy, but it still makes me enjoy the day by day corruption thanks to the statistics and the real time mechanics. Which is what RPGM games are all about. The SNS is a nice touch as well as it adds lots of atmosphere and insight.

I really like the art and the way the limited number of CGs is used. The characters are sufficiently developed given the scope of the game. The whole turbocuck experience is very customizable and goes from blissfully unaware to demented netorase addict.

Also, the recollection room is very well done and makes it enjoyable and convenient to come back to the game when you're in the mood for wastefully emitting semen during ritual humiliation.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

LordCorwin

Writing: 5/10
    Imagery: 7/10
    Gameplay: 4/10
    Kinks: 5/10
    Overall: 5/10

Breaking News: Local delivery boy gets cucked. This and more at 10 on the News.

This is the hardest NTR game I have ever had the displeasure of trying, because it is impossible to get your blond bombshell of a childhood friend to sleep around. I did everything I could, incense to make her horny, ignoring her, checking out the SNS, and still nothing. I thought I was getting somewhere when she got mad at me, but then days later she shows up and all is forgiven? What?

So I gave up after 3 hours of working at it and just unlocked the art in the rec room, which itself was good, but I would have preferred to have gotten the build up to the stuff.

Maybe I got a bugged-out build? Damn shame.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Feng Lengshun

It's too much in the line between "authentic" and "fantasy". I enjoy "authentic" NTR where there are sensible reasons for why the girls betray - dissatisfaction, just being a bitch, or otherwise other circumstances that's believable like in some Twilight Dusk work. I can also enjoy NTR that's pure fantasy because the Male Love Interest is unrealistically pathetic, the girl just getting raped and enjoying it, or some sort of mystical reasoning for the whole scenario.

This one is just not enough of either, and too much of both at the same time. The girl is just a dumb bitch, being upset at her lifelong childhood friend for literally something that they could have talked about more clearly. The guy isn't pathetic enough for it to be justified, and it's not like she's been a girl that's been depicted as being that much of a bitch/dumb/NTR-bait from the get go either. The NTR man isn't an interesting person as well.

It's just a series of Idiot Ball in an otherwise almost believable situation, and that's just too much of a middle-ground to be enjoyable to me. Also, format of the story is just weak as well, whichever mode you start with.

I wouldn't say it has no redeeming quality, others might find it the exact thing for their preferences, but to me it's just a boring gameplay loop to a story that's just annoying to watch because it's stupid but not stupid enough for me.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

cleanfeel

By no means a game I'd play again, it is grindy, sex scenes aren't that interesting, there isn't much tension between MC and the antagonists, and in general not worth the effort.

While I appreciate the gadget h-status tools you can use, it just falls flat in terms of corruption.