Dedicated translators?

GottaLust

Feb 22, 2019
I've been on this platform and looked through a lot of the Japanese games.

Let's just say there's a couple of visual novels I really want, but they're in Japanese so I can't request em (unfortunately). I've already seen that there are dedicated uploaders to this website, so I was wondering if we could also get dedicated translators as well (e.g. A game in Japanese doesn't have a English translation, so a team could translate it).

Probably the biggest problem might be going through the programming to translate such but I've seen a couple dedicated translators trudge through RPGMaker and successfully translate it.

[also MTL kinda ruins the plot especially if the game is very detailed and then there's grammar issues]

Thoughts anyone?

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Think this has been tossed around a few times before, I agree with the MTLs being pretty bad and ruining the experience, actually my next project is likely to be fixing MTLs once I get a list of them for people to vote on.

Visual novels tend to not get fan translations because of multiple reasons, one is they are massive and can take months if not years to finish. another is that fans are viscous when it comes to them, they want perfection and have been known to cause quite the commotion over poor translations, so fan projects tend to be teams that all have dedications to the particular VN.

I like the idea though.

Reactions: GottaLust

GottaLust

Feb 22, 2019
Hopefully in the distant future, we can get some more dedicated translators for Japanese games.

philslither

Apr 11, 2020
Wish this site could add a section for Japanese game downloads. That'd encourage more of us to learn the language and potentially make more translators. I'm looking into learning Japanese soon myself.

Reactions: GottaLust