• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Unity DeepL Translator for ReiPatcher (Python)

bepis96

Mar 24, 2021
I'm back with another DeepL auto translator thing, this time as a companion for reipatcher.

-install python 3.7.1, other versions probably work though
-Download 'AutoTranslator.zip', or save this pastebin as 'translate.py': T2PNEBLr
-place the script/extracted files inside your 'AutoTranslator' folder of a game with reipatcher already installed
-play a bunch of the game so reipatcher will pick up the strings for us to translate (it saves them to '_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt')
-run the script and wait a long ass time. Do this by either running build_translation_deepl.bat, or with command prompt: translate.py DeepL EN debug

Like with my last DeepL script, you don't have to run it all in one go. Stop at any time and start it up again. Or play the game to collect more strings, then run it again, anything is fine. If you want to delete the translations this script made and start over (or manually change them), find and delete _Substitutions.txt.

Here's an example of it working with RJ195414. To pick up all the strings, I just set the game to autoplay all messages at a slow speed so reipatcher would pick them up, and left it going overnight. Then proceeded to lose interest and never actually play it.

demo.png

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Thanks for creating this; I've tried running it, but I'm encoutnering the following error.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I've installed Python, not sure why it is saying I haven't.

1669249336665.png

Last edited:

bepis96

Mar 24, 2021
Python is very prone to breaking, try googling the "python was not found" error and there will likely be solutions to this. Does not appear related to my script, but rather an issue with your python install.

Reactions: Onyxdime

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Python is very prone to breaking, try googling the "python was not found" error and there will likely be solutions to this. Does not appear related to my script, but rather an issue with your python install.
Thanks, appreciate it!