VN - Ren'Py - Defending Lydia Collier [v0.16.2 Hotfix] [White Phantom Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Deniz31

Second game of my favorite dev.His first game had some flaws; third person narrative scenes, too many routes so little content each update for each save etc.
    With this game first game's weaknesses are fixed and it's good parts stayed so this is a great start.Girls looks great, there is a real story and in 0.2 there is already two different approach to the case.
    Now the wait for v0.3 starts, can't wait to see what's going to happen in court and start dating these hot women!
    Edit: There is 3 different approach to investigation, that's really nice even if it wouldn't matter much later on.That's one of strong points of his games, you see a new scene each time you replay.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

OzBrit

I really enjoyed Shadows over Manston so was disappointed to hear it is on hold. So I was delighted to see White Phantom Games had released his latest endeavour. Although relatively short atm (being a first release) the story looks excellent, graphics (especially the girls) are fantastic as well. I thoroughly recommend you check this one out. Especially as one of the characters in the game shares my passion for a certain North London Football club COYS. :D TTID
  3. 5.00 star(s)

superiorvenacava

Overall this is a very impressive start to a story and I cannot wait for more

PROS:

The models aren't just copied and pasted from other games
    This game has a unique premise with interesting characters
    This game contains (for the most part) good English with a few mistakes in there
    It's a option/consequence game which I personally like more than games where excessive clicking is necessary to accomplish goals
    It's a rather long 0.1 version, which is nice

CONS:

There aren't any sex scenes in 0.1, but this is probably because the developer is trying to build up relationships instead of going straight to sex
    I do not know how good the Ren'Py will be in this game as there are no scenes containing it

CONCLUSION: 5/5 This game looks really promising. Hopefully the developer puts a lot of time into it. And also because there is a dog in it, which usually helps bring up the rating. (If the dog continues to be in the story, I'll rate this game a 6/5)