Ren'Py Defining characters text customization.

Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020
Hi

This might be a really stupid question, but when defining your characters and their text colour and icon images is it possible to include some kind of text tag, so that text will always be done according to that tag.

For example I want may players thoughts to always be in italics, so I've tried the following which won't work.

#Characters
define m = Character("[playerName]",color="#0041ff", image="icon_mc")
define t = Character("[playerName]'s thoughts",color="#0041ff", {i}{/i}, image="icon_mct")

If I'm not able to change the style, is it possible to us something like the {alpha=.5} tags.

Otherwise I guess I'll just have to settle for a different font colour.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This might be a really stupid question, but when defining your characters and their text colour and icon images is it possible to include some kind of text tag, so that text will always be done according to that tag.
It's the role of 's arguments what_prefix and what_suffix.

This being said, there's a whole section of this forum dedicated for this kind of question. You'll have more chance to have an answer there if you've other questions in the future.

Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020
It's the role of 's arguments what_prefix and what_suffix.

This being said, there's a whole section of this forum dedicated for this kind of question. You'll have more chance to have an answer there if you've other questions in the future.
Thanks, doubly the good info.

I looked briefly but obviously ended up in the wrong part of the hood, ;)
will post there if there is a next time.