DEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
To render on my GPU I have to render each scene in pieces, and then I Frankenstein them all together in photoshop. I'll do the background by itself, and then each figure in the forefront by themselves, unless they are touching, then I will render touching figures together. Besides putting them all together in photoshop, I also have to do some post-work with the shadows, but I actually think my final pictures work out better this way. I can adjust light on each figure individually, where when you render everything together, it can be tricky to get the lighting exactly how you want it. This does require a little bit of experience in photoshop though.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
There are a lot of errors in DAZ3D 4.11
I follow any instructions to fix it.
Finally made a scene
But rendering can't detect my GPU
Always use my cpu for rendering
GTX 1650 with any driver

Iray is too slow of my card, i don't know what wrong
This can happen to you because the scene you're trying to render takes up more memory than your GPU have (VRAM).

I've seen that your card has 4GB, and if you use W10 it will stay at about 3.5GB; it's very easy to surpass that amount with any scene.

To check if this is your problem, download the free program, open it and go to the "Sensors" tab and look at the section that says "GPU Memory Load", there you will see how much memory your GPU is using.
And in "CPU Load" you can check if DAZ uses your GPU (the load will be over 99%) or if it uses the CPU (the GPU load will be under 5%).

To optimize the scene and make it less VRAM-intensive you can do the following:
- Remove all objects that will not be seen in the plane (keep a copy with all objects so you can continue to mount the rest of the scenes).
- Use the program to reduce the resolution of textures (some objects/characters have textures of high resolution that, if you don't use a close-up, will not be noticed if you reduce them).
- Render to lower resolutions.

If none of the above works for you, as you've been told, you'll have to render background and characters separately and merge them with an image editor.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Just wondering, why do you have a 1650? Did you buy a prebuild pc?
I'd recommend to sell this card immediately as long as it is fresh and buy something better.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I use a 1050Ti and am able to do most of the renders I want in a reasonable time. Just make sure to use scene optimizer to cut memory utilization down below your card's vram so it will still render with the GPU. A lot of my stuff I can render in about 20-30 mins. Worst case scenario for me is usually more like 2 hours if I have something that is close to my vram limit or if it has reflective surfaces.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I use a 1050Ti and am able to do most of the renders I want in a reasonable time. Just make sure to use scene optimizer to cut memory utilization down below your card's vram so it will still render with the GPU. A lot of my stuff I can render in about 20-30 mins. Worst case scenario for me is usually more like 2 hours if I have something that is close to my vram limit or if it has reflective surfaces.
What resolution are you rendering at? My 1920x1080 renders take 1.5 to 4 hours and I'm using a 1060 6gb.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What resolution are you rendering at? My 1920x1080 renders take 1.5 to 4 hours and I'm using a 1060 6gb.
I'm doing 1280x720 since that's the resolution that the game I'm modding for uses. Bigger resolutions would take longer obviously. My plan is to keep practicing with my mod until I decide I'm ready to try making my own game and then upgrade. I want something at least 2060 caliber before I do that but I'm not sure I want to spring for a 2080Ti. It would be massive overkill for gaming (I game at 1080p).

Aside from using Scene optimizer to cut down on memory utilization I've also found it to be a huge help to actually hide or delete every object that is not actually visible in the render other than things like walls or doors that would drastically affect lighting. Mirrors in particular wreak havoc on my render times so try to avoid shots that include those as much as possible. Reflective tiles and stuff like that are similarly annoying.

The last thing I've noticed that really impacts render times is the number of lights in the scene. I generally try to reduce the number of lights in my scene to no more than 3 or 4 total. If it's an outdoor scene a lot of times the sun will be the only light source. If it's inside I'll usually have 1 or 2 spotlights, 1 or 2 point lights, and sometimes the headlamp on my camera if I'm being lazy (usually at reduced intensity).

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I'm doing 1280x720 since that's the resolution that the game I'm modding for uses. Bigger resolutions would take longer obviously. My plan is to keep practicing with my mod until I decide I'm ready to try making my own game and then upgrade. I want something at least 2060 caliber before I do that but I'm not sure I want to spring for a 2080Ti. It would be massive overkill for gaming (I game at 1080p).
I'm pretty much in the same situation. Instead of going for the 20xx series of cards I think I'm going to grab a 1080Ti off ebay when I can. They're going for around $520-600, and I think they'll out-perform everything up to the 2080Ti for rendering. Of course there's the new AI stuff that they've been talking about and I have no idea what's going on there, but for sheer numbers, a used 1080Ti seems the way to go for me.
1080Ti Cuda Cores - 3584, vram - 11GB
2060 Cuda Cores - 1920, vram - 6
2070 Cuda Cores - 2304, vram - 8
2080 Cuda Cores - 2944, vram - 8
2080Ti Cuda Cores - 4352, vram - 11