DEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
If you do not know how python works using a any pre-made template won't help, even if such a thing exist. you need a basic understanding of how it works or you will just be asking ppl every 5 minutes, how do I add this, why isn't this working. My knowledge of python is limited but every use of it in my game is made by me, that way I understand what I have done, if something fucks up I know where to look to try and fix it, then come and ask why isn't this working, or how do I do this.

Eric X.

Developer of the game "Secrets"
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
There's a cookbook for Ren'Py with lots of tutorials and templates :

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I want to setup inventory /time & shop
I am zero python programmer, have any code templates for every renpy game
The literal best thing you can do is start using the Ren'Py documentation. Reading is the most fundamental part of learning how to code, and the Ren'Py documentation pretty clearly explains everything and gives example codes for each.

For example, if you're trying to add "choice buttons" to your code, Google search "choice buttons Renpy documentation" and it will typically be the first thing that pops up. Combining use of Ren'Py Documentation with trial and error is the only way you're going to figure it all out, but I promise you it's pretty easy once you've gotten past that initial hurdle!

Alternatively, you could ask someone who has experience with coding for some general assistance. Discord is your best friend! I don't have any specific answers for your shop, but there is a tutorial on YouTube for an inventory on Ren'Py.

Search "Renpy Tutorial: RPG Inventory Part 1" via YT.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I learned my way around Renpy modding the original Lab Rats (not Lab Rats 2). Looking through the code of a game you like can be an interesting way to get a basic handle on how things work.

You may need to extract the game code, though. Unren.bat can help you with that. Once you've extracted the game (if the game files aren't already in .rpy, just in .rpa and .rpyc) you can look over a few things.

The 'starter' story that comes with Renpy can give you a basic idea r.e. how dialogue works as well.

The Renpy cookbooks and the Lemmasoft forums are also good places to look for coding ideas, but sometimes people will talk over your head if you aren't familiar with how things work. People around here are a bit more friendly in that regard, and I've found them to be a bit more helpful on a few things.

Anyways, lots of good suggestions!