delete thread

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
If you are trying to sell something that features someone else intellectual property, expect a possibility of being shut down.
If you make the game free, that will just reduce the chance, but companies legally still can send you a cease and desist regardless, i believe. Most just won't bother, idk about capcom, but it's not unheard of some companies, like the big N, to shut down fan-games and even minceraft mods(pixelmon).

A better option is just to make an Resident Evil "inspired" game, that is "legally distinct". Maybe even a "parody". If you know what i mean.

RickGrimes1

Apr 19, 2019
If you are trying to sell something that features someone else intellectual property, expect a possibility of being shut down.
If you make the game free, that will just reduce the chance, but companies legally still can send you a cease and desist regardless, i believe. Most just won't bother, idk about capcom, but it's not unheard of some companies, like the big N, to shut down fan-games and even minceraft mods(pixelmon).

A better option is just to make an Resident Evil "inspired" game, that is "legally distinct". Maybe even a "parody". If you know what i mean.
yeah i researched a lil, thought it was dumb to ask the question lol, so i just edited the page........thanks for answering tho lol

Reactions: bethrezen0

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022

Boy kisser, its you?