Votes: 88 12.1%
  • Marion

Votes: 99 13.6%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 85 11.6%

• Total voters

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
This game is missing a few game tags like female protagonist or multiple protagonist? So many... to many if you ask me. Why even bother to name one character? Idk but i did enjoy playing this. Good job dev.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Why did Terry had his eye removed when he didnt have sext with the filth as he calls them.
I stopped him from doing that in all 5 paths.
Then in one path he bragged that he did to the husband and he believed him.
And instead of punching Terris lights out he went and takes his anger on his mother in law.
Talk about confusion man

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
You can chose if he believes him or not. Why not resort to violence right away? Would you do it based on a douchebag bragging and probably lying (because that's a posibility depending on past choices)?

He got his eye out because he tried to have sex with her. There is a reason for that, but that's for later.
It is the right thing to do punch his lights out and make him cry for his mami.
Bwahahahahahahaha

Reactions: Rando Civ

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Why did Terry had his eye removed when he didnt have sext with the filth as he calls them.
I stopped him from doing that in all 5 paths.
Then in one path he bragged that he did to the husband and he believed him.
And instead of punching Terris lights out he went and takes his anger on his mother in law.
Talk about confusion man
Use spoiler tags please.

arms99

May 11, 2018
Interesting game. A bit rough around the edges, but entertaining none the less.

I'm really liking cousin lily. Cute little redhead, a little bit crazy, just my type. I look forward to see more of her storyline.

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Avaron1974, if you read Rando Civ's opening statement 'it's the first VN I ever made' so no it is not a game anyway, so why would any choices matter if you are just meant to read the story through? I agree that it is good to have consequences to enable the user to feel that 'their choices matter'; but having so many sudden ends, so soon after the beginning, without any way to complete the other unfinished branches will only likely drive the users away...

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Hi Avaron1974, if you read Rando Civ's opening statement 'it's the first VN I ever made' so no it is not a game anyway, so why would any choices matter if you are just meant to read the story through? I agree that it is good to have consequences to enable the user to feel that 'their choices matter'; but having so many sudden ends, so soon after the beginning, without any way to complete the other unfinished branches will only likely drive the users away...
There's only a single game over close to the beginning. Most of the other endings should really say "To be continued" because Rando has not completed those paths yet. It says "End" because I needed an easy way to search for end points in various paths while i was recoding the game. That's my bad and it'll be corrected in the next batch of fixes.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
That's a bit of a semantic point, people use the term video game to refer to VNs, as it is interactive digital media meant for entertainment in which your inputs affect what's happening on the screen, which is what a video game is in the strictest sense of the word. If it were purely a kinetic visual novel in which you make no relevant inputs that have any bearing on the outcome, then sure it's fair to say it's not a video game.

Reactions: arms99

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Because then choices wouldn't have any meaning.

Games are better when they have consequences.
You can write games where you don't have dead end choices though. It's actually something that should be praised when it does occur because it means the writer cares enough about the choices presented to make them matter and not be just a fade to black game over.

But right now people still have this notion of simple binary choices instead of it being a multi-faceted story where the actions and inputs of the player do actually matter and do have consequences aside from a game over.

Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
But right now people still have this notion of simple binary choices instead of it being a multi-faceted story where the actions and inputs of the player do actually matter and do have consequences aside from a game over.
I have something up my sleeve like that. Just be patient.
Right now, all I'm just gonna say is that your choice in a girl, matters.
That's all i'm gonna post for now.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I have something up my sleeve like that. Just be patient.
Right now, all I'm just gonna say is that your choice in a girl, matters.
That's all i'm gonna post for now.
This wasn't a knock against you so don't take it too hard. You're new to this as stated in the first post so doing binary things might be easier. It just often leads to player frustration as instead of choices feeling impactful, they end up feeling railroaded.

Just to give some background, i have no idea what goes into this. My point of reference for creating stories with choices is D&D/Other tabletop RPG's. I understand that enabling players is harder to pull off in a VN but i don't think it's an impossible task to create choices that allow for more than (as an example from this game) Grope a sleeping girl, or Grope a Sleeping girl - Game over.

Hopefully that helps you understand where i'm coming from when i think about players and choices.

Yandere Lover

Jul 28, 2017
I'm kinda glad this game is back. I do gotta say there is alot going on, and there are a ton of paths. Seeing all these paths I hope to see some Father Daughter stuff.

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Delicate Taboo [v0.4] [Rando Civ] - Original Size: 2.79 GB

Download Win (360MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes