Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I'm just making sure you know what you're gettin' into with Unity, they have proven that they can attempt to change the terms whenever they feel like it, after all.
I doubt that anyone would want this kinda shit breathing down their necks when development is already tiring work as it is. :whistle::coffee:
Oh, I 100% agree.

Ultimately the decision was made by the other developer.

But tbh, even if I were to make my own game, I'm not skilled enough to use Godot and manage to actually complete something in a timely manner.
Unity has pre-built engines and resources for stuff like Metroidvania's and visual novels that I can take advantage of.
I do hope to one day in the future move over to Godot when I get a bit better (maybe if my investments ever pay off and I can quit my FT job and focus on making games, I can find some time to actually do that).

But for now, I'm personally focusing on twine, and probably renpy next.

After that we'll see where I go based on what I want to make and how much confidence I have.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
mofu2x

Thanks for the scathing review, but I think you're missing the point a bit. Especially given your post history.

If I had 2 points of praise, it's that the AI art is at passable quality and the dev can string together coherent sentences but that's about it.

And I'm surprised how asset starved the game is despite them being literally auto generated.
The reason my images might appear more janky than other AI games is because I don't just type words and call it a day. My AI art is a mixture of hand-drawn, AI and hours spent editing in photoshop. So as to why the game is lacking in assets...
Well, if you really want, I COULD just string together some words and post whatever results I get without caring if the character matches the protagonist / other characters, and without putting effort into different positions / styles / pov's / etc.

But I do take some pride in the fact that I do spend time drawing and editing my images.

Unfortunately my art skills aren't high enough to make something as good as an artist or AI can put out, but on the other hand I also don't want to use generic images that AI usually spits out. (Most lewd images are POV, I try to do more than that but the results are usually a loss in quality).

As for the long passages, I'll give you that.
I've been trying to do better and break passages into smaller passages, it's a learning experience.

Reactions: Mariela and Yufox

WeilBaum

Jun 30, 2023
These are just 3 of countless errors I encountered during my playthrough but I'm not sure how many/which of them are "real" game errors and which were caused by using the console

Edit: Helped a Catgirl in the Silent city Brothel (C4) and on my way back i found myself in the Elven Village

DG 01.png DG 02.png DG 03.png

Last edited:

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
These are just 3 of countless errors I encountered during my playthrough but I'm not sure how many/which of them are "real" game errors and which were caused by using the console

Edit: Helped a Catgirl in the Silent city Brothel (C4) and on my way back i found myself in the Elven Village

View attachment 4019276 View attachment 4019277 View attachment 4019279
Regarding the Dryad, it should be working better in version 0.6, but still needs to be further tested. Because it was something I updated way later, it was difficult to check everything. If you think this response is unacceptable, I agree. I apologize but I am doing my best. :/

The home button is something that was mentioned in my changelog as broken but was recently fixed (thought it was fixed in 0.55, must have been 0.6).

The 3rd one might have been fixed as I did fix something in the notebook that may have caused this.
But to be on the safe side, are you using an old save file?
Is there any chance I could borrow your save file so I can take a look?

Regardless of them being potentially fixed, I'm still grateful you reported them, because like the third one, it's entirely possible that I may have missed some bugs.

I'm usually bug testing everything by myself, which unfortunately makes it difficult and takes a very long time. It's incredibly helpful when people report bugs.

That being said, I'm sorry for any disappointment these bugs may have caused. When I updated the version, I did add the following note under developer notes:

Version 0.55 is a bit buggy. The brothel has a couple of bugs as well as a couple other things.

Recommended you keep a back-up save file for 0.55 until the next version comes out which addresses all of those (known) bugs.

Reactions: WeilBaum

WeilBaum

Jun 30, 2023
The Notebook Error appears to occur from the moment you enter the Elf Village for the first time until the Day you can speak to Ephraim in the Tavern

My last message was not intended as a complaint but as a simple error report, if it came across wrong, I apologize

Last edited:

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
The Notebook Error appears to occur from the moment you enter the Elf Village for the first time until the Day you can speak to Ephraim in the Tavern

My last message was not intended as a complaint but as a simple error report, if it came across wrong, I apologize
Even if it was a complaint, it's valid. No hard feelings.

Thanks for the save file, I'll take a look and see if the error is still occuring in the newest version and work on a fix if so.

Edit:

So I see the issue. Somehow $starlessexploration was never initialized for you.

Which should be impossible as it initializes right when you end up in the elf forest for the first time.

1726642183287.png

So my guess is that you continued from an old save file, which again should have been fine as I added an update widget to prevent this from happening.

But I did recently run into a bug where my update widget wasn't properly running. I thought it was only broken on my last unreleased update and I thought I fixed it before it was released, but it might have broken before that without my knowledge. So more than likely this broke because of an error I made.

That said, the issue is inconsequential and actually resolves immediately upon leaving the elf village and entering the new exploration area.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll have it fixed next update just in case anyone else tries to run an older save.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeilBaum

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
There is a (new) known bug with finishing the mountains at night / piercing the barrier. You can either wait for next update, or you can do the following. NOTE: You MUST complete Azrael's party before doing this or you will cause more bugs. 1. Right click anywhere in game and inspect. 2. In the inspect menu, click the console tab. 3. In console, paste the following and hit enter: SugarCube.State.active.variables.azraelquest = 5

You will still see an error on your screen, but you'll be able to continue. I apologize for this, I'll have it fixed next update.

The above fix does not work on mobile, since you can't open the console there.

Drakoona

Feb 10, 2021
Help I just finished the dracula thing for endings and now I can't go back home as it said that this is not the ending yet

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
I havent kept up with whats been going on. But is the game ending soon ?

Been meaning to start another fresh playthrough and aiming for the evil options Like turning that guy into a bunny

3.90 star(s) 15 Votes