RPGM Abandoned Demon Tamer [v0.1] [Noxurtica]

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
1587822516622.png

Overview:
Demons have taken over the world. You are a mage with the power to tame demons and beasts. You will need to tame them to find a way to win back your world.
Thread Updated: 2020-04-25
Release Date: 2020-04-25
Developer: Noxurtica
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - -

d0scene1.png pcd0.png samp1.png samp2.png thefour.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMoon

Jan 13, 2018
Lot of potential here, I liked the difficulty, not quite enough to be any serious obstacle, but just fine to make player pay some attention to battles/char development and give small sense of achievement. Paintlike art works suprisingly well, and there is residual but noticable world building.

The biggest flaw is first girl herself with overcliched i kill people i dont care speech, instant life-pleading and instant taming. Its not that bad if you are creating a frame you can then break down with next characters, still could be done a lot better.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
Lot of potential here, I liked the difficulty, not quite enough to be any serious obstacle, but just fine to make player pay some attention to battles/char development and give small sense of achievement. Paintlike art works suprisingly well, and there is residual but noticable world building.

The biggest flaw is first girl herself with overcliched i kill people i dont care speech, instant life-pleading and instant taming. Its not that bad if you are creating a frame you can then break down with next characters, still could be done a lot better.
Thanks for the critique. All the girls will definitely be different and not follow the same formula. Any suggestions on what you would have done for the first girl? I do think it was a bit rushed, and we're open to improving it.

TheMoon

Jan 13, 2018
Thanks for the critique. All the girls will definitely be different and not follow the same formula. Any suggestions on what you would have done for the first girl? I do think it was a bit rushed, and we're open to improving it.
I would go either low or high villain route with her character, without mixing them that much.

In the low route, she would believe this whole strong shall thrive weak shall perish thing while understanding it rather poorly, without real counsciousness of the fact that someday she might find herself at the receiving end of the stick. In this case shameful life pleading is okay, but accepting the new situation so fluently and swiftly is not, it should be more of a process. Making tame magic not instantenous would benefit this route by giving time to better show said process to the player.

In the high route, she would be actually and deeply aware of the live by the sword, die by the sword thing hidden behind strong shall thrive weak shall perish conviction. In this case shameful life pleading doesn't really fit, but quick adaptation to new position do. Making tame magic not absolute would benefit this route, creating room for some curios future dev for her, like challenging protagonist again after hard training.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
I would go either low or high villain route with her character, without mixing them that much.

In the low route, she would believe this whole strong shall thrive weak shall perish thing while understanding it rather poorly, without real counsciousness of the fact that someday she might find herself at the receiving end of the stick. In this case shameful life pleading is okay, but accepting the new situation so fluently and swiftly is not, it should be more of a process. Making tame magic not instantenous would benefit this route by giving time to better show said process to the player.

In the high route, she would be actually and deeply aware of the live by the sword, die by the sword thing hidden behind strong shall thrive weak shall perish conviction. In this case shameful life pleading doesn't really fit, but quick adaptation to new position do. Making tame magic not absolute would benefit this route, creating room for some curios future dev for her, like challenging protagonist again after hard training.
Thanks for the feedback. We have something similar in mind for the future demons, but we'll try to add some depth to the first one too, as I do think you're right on her character being underdeveloped.

Bars_III

Jan 8, 2018
ok, the developer is kinda here, so question - will Master vs Slave 1.0 be released for free, or i need to pay? love art-stile and writing is solid, but to be honest - don't have free money for the moment.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
ok, the developer is kinda here, so question - will Master vs Slave 1.0 be released for free, or i need to pay? love art-stile and writing is solid, but to be honest - don't have free money for the moment.
Send me a dm.