Ren'Py - Desert Stalker [v0.16a] [Zetan]

1. 5.00 star(s)

benpk34

Overall - 8.5/10
    Highly recommend - HOWEVER far from complete - it is still a masterpiece - maybe wait for more updates?
    Lore/Game story is very interesting with many factions (not explored enough)
    Story - 9/10
    Fallout setting - In Egypt all modern technology is buried - MC is a stalker (treasure hunter) - game revolves around politics + mostly women - currently
    Animations -10/10
    Cut-scenes is good quality
    Hscenes good
    Very high quality animations
    Render - 10/10

All models look good - even the monster-like creatures
    Sound
    - 9/10
    BGM - sets tone well
    SFX - mostly cutting sounds - adds into the brutality of this world
    Playability - 8/10
    Game is short - not completed
    Things are in a quest log thing - easy to keep track what and how to do things
    Many choices that do have impact
    Dialogue is interesting
    Not much "gameplay" - preferred imo

2. 5.00 star(s)

capii

This game got me hooked right from the start. This is the very best example of VN-RPG that I can think of, the only other game with similar "style" that was implemented this good was "What a Legend".
    Various plots and quests, they just work, didn't find a bug yet.
    Abou the girls and theme, the variety and proportion of girls are very well made, we have petite small breasted beauties, some thicc, some with big breasts and so on. The render quality and animations are also very well made 10/10.
    The setting of the game as a post apocalyptic world is also very nice, the girls have clearly different personalities, we got strong willed girls, weak minded ones, some crazy bitches but also some delicate ones, i think this appeals to most of the audience out here.
    A little bit of slavery, bdsm, i also find sharing appealing.
    The story overall is very well written IMO, there are some plot twists and and plot points that seem to be converging to a final showdown.
    Very glad i found this game! The dev said some time back that he might launch this on steam, cant wait long enough to be able to support him through that! (patreon support is expensive where i live)
    Cheers!
    100/100 reccommended
  3. 5.00 star(s)

CRose23

Okay, yeah. I don't know how I happened upon this game but I'm extremely glad I did

This is one of the BEST I've ever played. In fact it's easily Top 3 for me. I generally don't like the harem type games because it's so cookie-cutter, and while in this everyone wants to bang you just like the rest of them, the uniqueness of the characters stand out so much and it's believable. Some of them you have to really work for and the ones you don't, well, I mean it's kinda obvious why lol

The characters are SO good though. Can't stop talking about them. With their own motivations and personalities. . The fact you can have completely different experiences with them depending on your choices and how you interact with them.

The setting is interesting as well. I saw some complaints of how random it is with some locations and factions, and while I agree to an extent, it's woven together pretty decently in the story and Im sure more of it will make sense as it goes on

Great. game. As good as any on the site and I hope it continues.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jimmy_Jam

One of my all time favorites, the story is great but I do wish we had some more story progression with the updates but I cant complain much about that as most updates add great scenes, good backstory and show you what the story world is like.
    When it comes to LIs there really isnt any I do not like, the renders are great, not the best I have every seen but still amazing.
    Looking forward to seeing where this story goes and enjoying all the Lis on the way
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Bullend

i have lurked on this site for many years (lost my prev account don't mind the new account that's reviewing) playing much of what is released that catches my interest. This is far and away one of the best games i've played.
    Scenes 5/5 - not just repeats of the same thing or slight variation but actually different scenarios with payoff for choices
    Story 4.5/5 - a couple of parts where it slows down but honestly it builds up atmosphere quite well. for the record i'm normally the guy that would just skip a lot of the text. it felt wrong to do that with this game i was that hooked on the story. ( mind it does help that i'm a fan of fallout/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. already)
    ui 4/5 - could have a couple of improvements but does everything it needs to, isn't incredibly buggy (in my experience) and generally rather sleek and what i'd want from a well made Ren'Py game.
    models 5/5 - different factions leads to different aesthetics, and a decent variety of characters. maybe could be some more variation in body type but honestly i'm happy with what we have/ may be upcoming
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Mee-Mee

Character: 5/5 they do not look like clones
    Story: 4/5 very original, some path could be expanded later?
    UI or Controls: 4/5 nothing to fancy but they do their job
    Sex scenes: 4/5 hot stuff here

So far game is worth to play, I hope it can be completed.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

adolfokoser

having played the game for very first time on v0.15c, i enjoyed every second of it. sure some things could be better and i wont nitpick any details, but i take no issue with it given i experienced large content within just 2-3 days.

i also understand other reviews where content being released in versions can be a bit annoying. personally for me, i wont be playing this game again for a long time and will wait for a few more updates to come through.

that being said, i'd love a recap system that takes into account the decisions i've made and the scenes i've seen along my path for whenever i pick this back up.

solid game, 5/5!
  8. 2.00 star(s)

salamista

I couldn't get into this AVN.
    The background of the post apo world is a great setting, but the story felt a bit flat to me from the start. The same goes for the characters, where none of them managed to appeal to me. I don't find the renders to be particularly great either. For me, one of the most overrated AVNs at F95zone.

If you're a harem fan and the characters and their bond with each other aren't essential to you, though, you'll be satisfied.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

KaienHakai

As with most games of this genre, the story is all over the place. You have the zombies, the mutants, the raiders, the royalty, your wife's sister's family ffs... What's next? Your mother? You bite from all the apples in the basket but never never get truly sated. I understand they all tie together into the story but considering that the game is released in versions, this becomes annoying and disappointing. It just screams "low quality experience".

That being said, I did enjoy the mutant part. That was probably the highlight for me (aside from Ivy giving you access to her sad and depressive journal -that was fucking cringe...) and would like to see more of it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

selimshady

If you need harem, this is the game for you. If you need anything else, still this is the game for you. Different factions, different kind of women, different ways to progress. Amazing renders with amazing designs.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

B-Ready

Very well written game, with loads of story and content, and overall extremely well-done animations. You can see the dedication and love that went into creating this project by the indie team behind it. The narrative is rich and engaging, drawing players into a world full of depth and intricacies. Every character feels well-developed, with their own unique backstories and personalities that add layers to the storyline.

The gameplay mechanics are smooth and intuitive, making it easy to get immersed in the game from the very beginning. The puzzles and challenges are thoughtfully designed, providing a perfect balance of difficulty that keeps players engaged without feeling frustrated.

Visually, the game is a masterpiece. The art style is both unique and captivating, with attention to detail evident in every frame. The animations are fluid and lifelike, bringing the characters and environments to life in a way that few indie games achieve. It's clear that the development team has poured their heart and soul into every aspect of the game's design.

The sound design and music further enhance the experience, with a soundtrack that perfectly complements the mood and tone of the game. Each piece of music and sound effect has been carefully chosen to immerse the player deeper into the game's world.

Overall, this game is a testament to what a passionate and talented indie team can achieve. It's a shining example of creativity and hard work, and I am eagerly looking forward to seeing it completed. This project has immense potential, and I am excited to see how it will evolve. Keep up the fantastic work!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

whysoserious222

I CTRLd through this game once just for H-scenes and even then it was good, but I gave it a second chance and read through all the story and holly hell that was a good decision - the game is amazing in almost every department. I would really have to try very hard to find any negatives.

Amazing girls (I personally like the most Nadia and Emillia), a lot of fappable scenes, a lot of content, missions, story that make sense, animations are amazing (there is a ton non-sex animations and I'm not even mad that "dev is not spending this time on sex animations"), renders are sharp and high res even on 34' screen, this game is 3,5 year old and it has amount of content that 3,5 year old game should have, and even though we got intimate with a lot of girls there are still girls that you're waiting for like Queen, Yuna, Zion (I think that was her name) so it's not like with future updates dev will just make threesomes of already "conquered"girls but there is still a lot of potential for teasing the players with new girls.

Looking forward to future updates, but already amazing game, if I try to place it somewhere on the scoreboard - in top5 of all the games I've played
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Microbaked

[v0.15c Public]
    Okay, what in the actual fuck.
    This game is absolutely amazing. Who cares if it's Ren'Py. Any of your thoughts on Daz3d means fkn nothing here. And that's saying something coming from someone that worked in DazStudio for a decade, and is sick of seeing Genesis 2/3/8/9 models. The atmosphere/lore/setting/story/decisions here makes Ren'Py/DazStudio games look like the best thing since sliced bread.

The H-Scenes are fantastic. Tons of decisions to make. Choices definitely matter. You can be a good person, bad person, something in between, or just do what ever the fk you want to, and just deal with consequences.

At first it takes a bit to get into the story. After a while, I was thoroughly enjoying the game all-in-all. Really liked the H-Scenes that would happen, and how you can approach them is fairly comprehensive.
    But.. then I got far enough in the story, and what the hell, I didn't give a flying fk about the h-scenes anymore, I just wanted to play for the Story.

I'm not stretching the truth what-so-ever here. This story, atmosphere, and setting, could easily be it's own game without any of the adult content, and it would be fkn amazing. The adult content is basically the whipped cream and cherry on top. I quite often (in these games) skim over the text, so I can get some brief context of who/what/when/where and why. After a certain point, I was reading every single word, every single note, every context that can be given, everything. There is just so much depth, and unique ideas and concepts used that it's almost a shame that it's in an adult game, as too many people are gonna miss out on it.

And What the heck is with the release version being at v0.15. This game has a colossal amount of content for version zero point fifteen....! I kid you not, this has more content then most COMPLETED games on F95.

I went into this game after reading some reviews, thinking most people gotta be blowing this one out of proportion, or it just suits certain types of individuals that are more likely to write a review when they've finally came across a game with their niche content.
    Boi was I fkn wrong.

If you haven't played this yet, your missing out big time.

My only recommendation, is to play when you got a couple of hours to actually read the story. Please, trust me, when I say it's worth it. There is a point in the game where you start to play as more then just the main protagonist, and you can switch and play as Others in your household. That part of the game is on another fkn level. I don't want to say too much about it cuz I don't want to ruin anything.

If you haven't tried this game out, you are doing a massive disservice to yourself.

I want to write a more indepth review. But I feel like I'd be spoiling it in some way. Just play the game. It's a 10 Star game.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Lordroedor

Even in its incomplete state at april 24, this is one of the best games I have been able to find in the site. It's not just fallout with sex (you can mod fallout for that), this is so much more.

The game is very ambitious, presenting very radical choices from the start. You can do some brutal things if you really want, you'll lose content though. The author seems to notice this and instead of adding different consquences for every choice, he just stops giving such radical choices.

Which, you know, it's understandable. This is not a high budget videogame, this is some guy making the stuff from home. And as such, it's outstanding.

You can expect cool renderings, interesting characters, able to evolve, a history that adapts to your liking. I really like some of the ideas, like the fact that some characters and stories change depending on how you tell them. And it feels meaningful because in some way, every possibility fits the characters even if the actions are completely different. That's because there is very clever character building here.

I recommend the game. Give it a try. But play slowly because it takes some long time to update.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

MohammadrezaDH

I enjoyed this game very much, especially the writing which is rare in these games, and also the choice structure and how many meaningful choices you have there are few games with the same structure but in the end, I realized there are no games like this so I'll stop looking for one and just sit my ass down and wait for updates.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

0000000nowhere

Make sure you know what you’re getting into! Desert Stalker can be quite bleak and gory at times, but it’s a great game otherwise if you don’t mind.

Personally, the only thing that bothers me is how young the wife/mother looks, but I’m nitpicking at this point.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

PompousOne

Loved it. The characters look great, and the story is strong so far. I look forward to future updates. Hopefully, it continues to be a great game in the future. More forcing the younger daughter to service others would be hot.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

bburner

One of the best games in this site no debate.

pros:

+ Renders are top notch
    + Story is interesting
    + Non linear and choices matter
    + Scenes are pretty damn hot
    + Ain and the queen (I mean come on)
    + Music and atmosphere are amazing.
    + Characters are all beautifully made and unique

cons:

- Cant really think of any... Just would like to see more h content as there is not that many right now since there are many girls and devs have to split development time for each.

For a game of this caliber I'm honestly surprised the devs don't have more supporters. Anyways, go play the game if you haven't already, you won't regret it.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

dlowtnek

one of the GOATs, especially if you like certain taboos, looking forward to more of it, even if some people think its being drip fed, ill wait, ill pay if needs be!

Great models, good slow build, lots of vareity ,really shaping p to be something special
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Ruff Ryder

This is perhaps the best AVN I've ever played.
    It does a great job with the dystopian setting and the role of our MC as a somewhat mercenary yet the struggle of power between him and the queen.
    The story set in a dystopian Egypt is getting better from time to time and with (at least) three factions that seem to be at each other's throats it sure as hell won't become boring.

The women are sexy as hell and while some are a bit generic like the younger girl in our household, most of them have a great story set, i.e. Kateryna or the queen.